Fly Tying
moskito_01

International swap?

QUOTE (moskito_01 @ Nov 23 2004, 02:39 AM)
Fine by me.

But other than that I would say that`s it. No more participants allowed after CapeBSalar.

Everyone who joined pm me or Kingfisher and let us know whether you`re in the US/Canada or in Europe. Jimmy wil have to decide on his own. ;-)
You will then receive the adress your flies have to be sent to, either Kingfishers or mine.

AND don`t forget to enclose the envelope adressed to yourself. No envelope, no flies; no postage on your envelope, no flies.

Andy

Hi Andy & friends,

For a change, I will be senting my flies to Europe this round. laugh.gif

I will be tying this for the swap. tongue.gif

Dragonfly Nymph

Best Regards!

hi everybody,have returned from over the pond ,i haven't decided on a pattern yet but will let you know closer to the date,will be posting mine to europe ,maybe with roy's flies if we can set it up.

Hey Guys, I have been off work the past couple of days, so I finished my flies for the swap.

Here is a couple of pics.

"Montana Stone"

user posted image

user posted image

I hope you like them. LW

Those are Sweeeeeeeeeeeet L.W.

I started playing around with ideas for my Olive damsel fly nymph the other night.

looking forward to my first swap!

sorry guy's if i'm late to write the name of the nymph ... sorry... i'm running after the time since ....since... boy... since since ! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Ok, the nymph name is the TRICOP NYMPH

I have my flies done and will ship them after the christmas rush, as kingfisher suggested. My camera isn't great so I can't get a decent picture of them, but I can post the pattern here.

hook: Mustad 3399 or 3399A

thread: black 6/0 uni

bead: gold

tail: white goose biots

rib: fine copper wire

body: peacock herl

hackle: ruffed grouse breast feather tied collar style

This pattern always works wonders in small brooks and rivers fishing for brook trout. I've also had browns really hit it hard in a size 6 or 8. The brook trout prefer it in a smaller size 10 or 12.

Thanks again for this swap!

Dave

Since the subject has come up in another thread, I would like to adress it here as well:

Should we tag our flies?

I say we all just post pics of them here. Whoever isn`t able to take pictures let me know, then I`ll post them after I got the flies.

Andy

Hello all,

Unfortunately, I don't think I'm going to be able to participate in this swap after all, as personal and business commitments over the next month are looking busier and busier. If someone else in North America would like to assume role of the meister, please chime in. If not, I can still do the meistering, just not the tying. Sorry about this...

Sorry to here your getting out Kingfisher.But things happen, so good luck with your commitments.

I'll be putting tags on mine. biggrin.gif

Could someone PM me when you know the address that I will be sending my flies to.

Thanks

LW

QUOTE (Kingfisher @ Dec 6 2004, 08:09 AM)
Hello all,.... If someone else in North America would like to assume role of the meister, please chime in. If not, I can still do the meistering, just not the tying. Sorry about this...

If it's ok whit you , i can do the job for this swap ! For me, this will be a great time to do it , i and i will do it whit pleasure