Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Li'lDave

I love my neck of the woods

Gotta love it when you have tropical freshwater, estuarine and tidal flats fishing all within a range to allow for a mornings fish...

My weekend options (taken from google earth)...post-22241-0-60868500-1308616126_thumb.jpg

It is not nice to brag. It can make many of us green.

It is not nice to brag. It can make many of us green.

:huh: Sorry mate ... I've got the options but I still need to catch the fish :D ....

Its a slow work week... I'm spending most of my time day dreaming... By the end of the week I'll be fished out as I'll have caught the fish over and over in my head so many times it won't be funny....

That's pretty cool. I live 1-1.5hrs from the ocean and have all kinds of fresh water fishing around home... but it's sure not tropical here in the north east USA... quite the amazing location you live in there!

That's pretty cool. I live 1-1.5hrs from the ocean and have all kinds of fresh water fishing around home... but it's sure not tropical here in the north east USA... quite the amazing location you live in there!

Not bad at all... Now if only I can learn how to catch the fish that live there.... I'd say I'll be competing with trail bike riders Saturday, but hopefully they'll stay on the tracks!

I didn't make it to the flats.. it was just blowing too strong.... I put some pics up in the Woolly Bugger swap thread for the guys and girls who tied 'em, but here's the full pictorial of events :)

This morning I went in search for some Jungle Perch... I found them but they didn't want to eat... Instead I managed a PB "rainbow" and a couple of smallish tarpon (Ox-eye) on the 2wt with some woolly buggers from the swap I have just finished hosting ;)

thestream.jpg

the swap flies

swapflies.jpg

fish live here

fishlivehere.jpg

rainbow_olivebugger.jpg

tarpon_blackbugger.jpg

and here too

fishliveheretoo.jpg

anothertarpon_black.jpg

tarpon_olivebugger.jpg

andhere.jpg

Once I'd had enough of being taunted by the JPs I decided to head to a nearby estuary... Unfortunately I didn't land any large fish... But I did hook and get bitten off by a couple of nice table size barramundi.... Nevertheless it was a struggle to leave... I haven't had such a consistent session on fly for ever! And I also managed a new species pikey bream ... just shy of legal at about 22cm

theestuary.jpg

1st.jpg

anotherrat.jpg

and my first bream

1steverbreambo.jpg

Just for your information, the barras were just laying up on the sand in maybe 30cm of water trying to keep warm.... when I got the cast right they would fight over the fly... biggest one hooked would have been about 60cm :ph34r: , biggest one landed would have gone 45 :)