Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
flytire

RIO - Making the Fly Line

Interesting! Thanks for sharing. After I watched that video I browsed their other ones and found these two to be rather informative as well.

It appears that I have been skipping cleaning "step 1" every time. It seems this process does a good job, and I like the fact that the cleaning pads can be washed, and are reusable. I haven't been cleaning my line enough it appears, and have only been using those little disposable cleaning pads. I've found that I have to run my line through them 4-6 times before I stop seeing dirt. This process seems to be more efficient at removing dirt than the little pads.

Unfortunately, there are those who never clean their lines, at their own expense. I have replaced tip guides for those who are of this persuasion. The rings of the guides have been cut through as if by a fine jewelers file. The lines fished through such guides cannot be repaired. The cuts and scratches imparted to lines thus treated necessitate premature replacement.

Good videos!

Kool video and ninja115 thanks for posting those videos as well, informative stuff, i usually do this process just in the double sink at home, afterwards i clean the kitchen so the wife doesn't freek out too much :)