Fly Tying
famill00

Crawrish, Crawdad, Mudbug, whatever you call 'em Swap

did mine get there yet?

Yes! I updated the original post with "flies received" as soon as I got them. We are still waiting on a few folks.... The ones I have gotten so far are great flies!

-Forrest

I just looked and got both of your messages today, glad they came to you. Sorry for the delay. Thank you for hosting. Enjoy your vacation.

Troutguy,

Your flies came in the mail today!

-Forrest

Everyone,

I just wanted to give you an update that they last three sets of flies are on their way to me as of this morning. Sometimes things we can't control get in the way, especially this time of year. I had set the due date of Dec 10 in hopes of having all the flies by this coming Wednesday (Dec21) as I leave for vacation on Dec 22. It will be cutting it close, but I hope that the last three sets of flies will arrive on Wed. If they do, I will immediately go to the post office and put your flies back in the mail. If I do not get the flies by Wed I will have to wait until I get back from vacation to mail them back to you all. I just wanted to give you this update to let you know where we stand and that I have not forgotten about the swap. Thanks for everyone's patience!

-Forrest

Flies from the last two swappers did not arrive today. I am leaving tomorrow on vacation and therefore will not be able to mail the flies back until after the first of the year. Sorry for any inconvenience.

-Forrest

Everyone,

I wanted to provide another update on the swap. Everyone's flies are in with the exception of Margaret's. She has been having some issues with flies disappearing in the mail. I have sent her an email and will await her reply as she had said she was going to start putting tracking numbers on the packages. I leave for a business trip tomorrow and will have my wife keep me updated on whether or not the flies show up. I apologize for the inconvenience, but the flies that you will be getting back will make the wait seem worthwhile!

-Forrest

Thanks Forrest

Everyone,

I wanted to provide another update on the swap. Everyone's flies are in with the exception of Margaret's. She has been having some issues with flies disappearing in the mail. I have sent her an email and will await her reply as she had said she was going to start putting tracking numbers on the packages. I leave for a business trip tomorrow and will have my wife keep me updated on whether or not the flies show up. I apologize for the inconvenience, but the flies that you will be getting back will make the wait seem worthwhile!

-Forrest

Hello everyone,

This is the last update from me about this swap. I contacted the last swapper about the flies on Tuesday of this week and have not heard back anything from that person. Therefore, with it being a month past the due date I made the executive decision to go ahead and get your flies back to you. Everyone is still getting back 12 flies. You will be getting back one of your own and two from another randomly selected swapper so that everyone gets 12 back. Sorry for this taking so long! This was a great set of flies. Everyone of them looks like dinner! Thanks to everyone for participating. I just took the flies to the post office about 30 minutes ago so they are on their way.

-Forrest

Sounds good, can't wait to see them.

...and I can't wait till April for the Smallies to heat up again so I put some of these in their mouths!

I got my flies today Very good looking flies thank you famill for doing this swap and thanks to everybody for tying great fly fishing flies. :D

My flies showed up today. Great looking bunch. I like the variation in sizes and colors. Thanks for hosting Forrest!