Fly Tying
P.Dieter

Hey Copic brethren

Have ya tried applying a little Sally's to the bodies after spraying on the ink? I think there's some interesting possibilities.

copicpop1.jpg

copicpop2.jpg

copicpop3.jpg

Nice looking popper heads. I'm just starting to use a copic air brush system. What colors are you using and what do you use for the eyes? Nice effects, any special techniques. Like I said, I'm just starting.

I like what your doing....

Very nice work. I need to get a Copic air brush system too. But since they are high, I will have to wait on that. I love what you did on the paint job here, very nice.

Great looking flies P.Dieter. I bought a copic air brush set up a couple of months back and cannot get results like that. I have tried more air pressure turning the marker tip around but still I can't achieve results like that. Any tips?? Any help would be great. Thanks BF

these were done by spraying a usual feathered colors combination but then I've noticed that if you work at finding just a very light touch you can spray a light "splatter" of small spots. Then if you apply Sally Hansons the ink runs and blends. There are different results if you brush it on or apply drops and let it run around a bit. Hard to describe folks will just have to give a try and see what happens. These are my first ones.

You're getting one of our southern politician names, you know with the nickname in quotes:

P. "Monet" Dieter

Great looking mottled poppers, I like 'em a lot.

Kirk

I forgot the eye question. I got these from the place Kirk recommended a while back. really good deal

http://lisa.staton.home.insightbb.com/lure_eyes.htm

these will be given to my club for the holiday fundraiser BTW. Cork and Balsa turned on a dremel. Things I had no idea about until I was informed on this site. So fun, wish I had more bass around.

Beautiful paint job! I have never heard of that Copic Air Brush System, but will look into it.

Skip

NFApopper1.jpg

NFApopper2.jpg

These are for the annual club auction/raffle.

Very snazzy! I can see a lot of raffle tickets being put in their bucket. But they would probably do better in an auction.

I just started using a Copic airbrush to paint my foam poppers. I didn't like the fact that the ink bled when I tried to clear coat the poppers using a few different spray gloss products. I tried both acrylic and enamel but they both made the ink run. I posted a question on the Copic site asking if they had a clear coat that wouldn't run but they don't. Others are interested in the same thing and one poster is letting the company know that there is an interest in such a product.

Your poppers came out beautiful. Mine are a bit simpler. I took this photo with my phone camera.

The colors are a bit washed out.

2012-01-13181845.jpg