Fly Tying
iFly

Fish Pictures

Yup, she finished it off.. It was already fractured. That was my first pilot peak fish, so I was stoked regardless

Couple of pictures of some PAX River Stripped Bass. I got to this bridge about 3:30 pm. I didn't get the first fish until almost 6:30.

I then proceeded to catch and release 30 of these fish. That's not counting the ones that flipped off while I was raising them up to the bridge top. Since I was standing on a bridge, I was using a spinning rig with a minnow lure. I would've loved to have caught these on a fly rod, but there was no way I was going to lift these fish 10 feet up form the water on a fly line and leader.

Anyway, some of the catches were witnessed by passing joggers, etc. and one of them agreed to take a picture of me with one of the fish caught while she was watching me.

Had a pretty successful day of fishing at the Castleman River in Garrett County Md. today. Got a little wet, but it was worth it with a total of 20 fish caught the biggest pictured....

post-50481-0-76724700-1400205946_thumb.jpg

20 inch smallmouth, sight casting to them in Lake Erie.... a rare day indeed. Strange angle makes the fish look smaller than it was, but oh well. Caught a lot of them in the 16-18 inch range. Fly was a 2-tone orange Clouser Deep Minnow with brass eyes on a #2 hook. Paddled my kayak to a beach near a stream mouth and there were roving packs of pre-spawn smallmouths. I love the big lake....

post-10077-0-26102000-1400493914_thumb.jpg

Rare day indeed, JS. With the water that calm, this time of year?! Nice Small Mouth. Gotta love those fish ... which we "sob" don't have down here in Florida.

Rare day indeed, JS. With the water that calm, this time of year?! Nice Small Mouth. Gotta love those fish ... which we "sob" don't have down here in Florida.

A good day on the big lake will make you think you've died and gone to heaven.... a bad day will kill you and hopefully you get there.....

this was the big fish of the trip- it stretched somewhere past 21 inches. I caught so many 4+ pound smallies last Tuesday that by the end of the evening, if it wasn't a BIG one, I was just trying to shake it off at the side of the kayak--- because my thumb was bleeding from grabbing so many. It was one of those "lifetime" days. Can't wait to get back, but it won't be until fall, with the chance at big browns and steelhead as well as big smallmouths.

post-10077-0-00583200-1400544164_thumb.jpg

It's always great to keep one 4" fly in the flybox...

The peacocks are gathering in packs... Seems like some mating rituals going on in the waters here....

There are a couple of biggie within one pack, lying deep and occasionally surfacing.

For 1/2 an hr over, I was swooping the flies by the side of the pack, hoping the biggie will get it...

It's take more than a while... Changing flies, resting the pack and deliberately not setting the strike with those smallies who tries to gobble the fly....Arrrrghhhh...

Finally this banana flag...gave notice and speed ahead to vacuum in my 4" tarpon fly!

Yeah.

That's my fish of the morning, better than 10 cups of coffee... :)

Jimmy.

post-514-0-10851000-1400674201_thumb.jpg

Yup, within Singapore, the peacocks are everywhere, all the freshwater reservoirs and the canal system had them now.

If you go to do a search on Youtube...lots of videos of peacocks capture there.

If you are in Singapore, please help yourself to bass. :)

Lots of legal area for you to go fish too and you don't need a fishing license here too.

Here's a link I put up for the fishing grounds...

Link : http://www.fishingkaki.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=260568

Nice bass, Jimmy ... you have Peacock Bass in Singapore?

Well, it won't be any time soon ... but it IS a possibility. If my upcoming trip to Africa goes well, and the company likes me, it might open up training options all over the globe.

You never know where I might end up.

Got out on the St. Johns River today. First time fishing since getting home from Pax River.

Everything I caught today, came on these three flies.

The top one, the big streamer, took two Crappie.

The bottom one, that I call my Panfish attractor (Based on a Panfish Charlie) took two more Crappie and my first Bowfin on a fly. The net is 10.5 inches wide, for reference.

Then I switched to the center one. It's based on a fly I saw in a bluegill catching video, but I don't know if it's got a name. That fly was by far, the most productive.

Two nice Coppernose Blugill ...

And 12 Spotted Sunfish.

Pretty good day on the water, even with temperatures in the upper 90s and some winds that made it less than perfect.

excellent Bowfin! that is a bucket list fish for me... I missed my opportunities for them when I lived in places they were common.