Fly Tying
breambuster

Bluegill Swap Club

FrequentTyer, you're in. Poppers are not required. They take a while to put together, paint, etc. If anyone wants to do that, it's required, but by "Topwater" I mean anything that floats. Foam is a great alternative to cork, and is very acceptable here. But also, something like a "Humpy" pattern that uses hair to float works also. Or a trimmed deer hair pattern would work.

And I agree with Riff. This is going to be a great swap considering the line up of tyers we've got signed up so far.

Take care

BB

I'm in if you will have me. Like Fly Willy this would be my first swap and I might have to bug you a little for advice. I have been tying for a year, mostly popping bugs and foam terrestrials with a few buggers etc this sounds like a good chance to broaden my horizons. I do love catching bream.

Fshrmanms, you are in! Don't worry about asking questions, that's what we are here for. I'll get back to you this afternoon with some general info about swapping.

Only one spot left! Who wants it?

Take care

BB

Sorry you missed it, Lukemccoy, but I will put you down as the first alternate. Stuff happens and if anyone has to drop out during the year, you will be first in line to be a replacement.

Take care

BB

I think it would be good to claim patterns to avoid duplications as much as possible. It's not always easy to get 100% participation in posting, but it even if some of the guys don't post, they tend to avoid patterns that are already spoken for. If you don't mind, claiming patterns would be nice.

Take care

BB

I think it would be good to claim patterns to avoid duplications as much as possible. It's not always easy to get 100% participation in posting, but it even if some of the guys don't post, they tend to avoid patterns that are already spoken for. If you don't mind, claiming patterns would be nice.

Take care

BB

That's a goos idea for jan I am doing

sz10 BG hopper

Simple and very effective

In case I haven't already said so, the due date for the flies for each month will be the last day of the month. Jan 31, this year is Leap Year, so Feb 29, March, 31, April 30, May 31, etc.

Take care

BB

Hey Guys, BeginnerFlyTyer has had to drop out of the swap club because of his heavy work load at school, so Lukemccoy will be replacing him. All but one set of flies for the "Learn A New Pattern" swap are here, so any time you guys are ready to start sending in your January set of flies will be fine. Let me know when you are ready for the address. The due date is January 31st. Remember to send a SASE with your set of flies and don't forget the toe tags.

Take care

BB

I came up with this color pattern a few months back and caught some nice bream, guess bream will eat anything LOL. I call it the MS-1 popper. Hope they'll be O.K.

I am ready for a mailing address to send em out.

Thanks

post-30867-0-24314700-1326322737_thumb.jpg

BB, I need an address please. I posted in the other thread a few days ago, and I think there were one or 2 others looking for an address.

Mike.