Fly Tying
bertgwen

Pike Swap

That is one big fish. But I have to say, if my buddy is busy taking pictures of a fish that big, a fish I don't even have hooked, instead of doing everything possible to get that fish in the boat. His ass is going in the lake. The wrath would be infinitly larger if that thing got away. Awesome picture though.

It's amazing pike won't/don't let go in situations like that. I've been in boats fishing for perch and have seem small pike clamp onto decent size perch and not let go, even after getting into the boat. Odd.

A really nice set of yak streamers arrived today from rfsup. That is three sets I've received, is shaping up to be a great swap. How are the rest of you doing?

Yak streamers are in the mail!

A really nice set of yak streamers arrived today from rfsup. That is three sets I've received, is shaping up to be a great swap. How are the rest of you doing?

Yak streamers are in the mail!

Will be in the mail tomorrow... sorry for the delay. Classes and out of town conferences got me distracted from dropping them off at the post office.

I am just finishing mine up. They are tied, I just want to put one last finishing touch to them. Please go ahead and send me your address. I will try to get them in the mail this week.

I put the flies in the mail today. You should see them in a few days.

I realized that this fly looks like the streamer version of the Musky topwater I did in the last toothy swap. Hah, random.

I put the flies in the mail today. You should see them in a few days.

I realized that this fly looks like the streamer version of the Musky topwater I did in the last toothy swap. Hah, random.

Flies arrived today. I like. Nice work.

Attention all Pike Swappers:

Progeny, who knows everything, has informed me that my yak streamers require a trailer hook. Despite the red yak cheek, serving as a strike spot for Esox sp., progeny insists short strikes will ensue without said trailer hook. So, feel free to insert aforementioned trailer hook into the otherwise pristine yak streamer when it arrives.

PS: What galls me most is that he stole all my old tying stuff, and now he's better at it than me!!

I have to say I am beyond impressed. A full two weeks prior to the swap deadline and I have everyones flies in hand. This is a first for me by far. Thanks for the promptness, and making me feel like a complete slacker. I am embarrassed to say I am not finished yet. On their way, but not done. I'm shooting to finish by the end of the week, mailed by Monday at latest. I'll keep you informed.

I can't wait to see these flies. I am in the middle of a big tying project right now in preparation for my U.P. pike trip this summer. These flies are going to be great additions to my box.

I can't wait to see these flies. I am in the middle of a big tying project right now in preparation for my U.P. pike trip this summer. These flies are going to be great additions to my box.

Where about in the U.P.? I am up here for school at Tech... had some fun pulling the northerns through the ice this winter and excited to try for some this summer on the fly.