Fly Tying
breambuster

Bluegill Swap Club For March

Hey, Guys, I have been out of town for a few days, and while I was gone, Fly Willy's Feb set of flies finally arrived. They got here on Monday. It took about 3 weeks, even tho he sent them airmail. Billy, you might want to think about trying to stay a month ahead so that You flies will be here on time. Also Dreamcaster's set of March flies arrived yesterday, Wednesday. Both sets are very nice, and I appreciate the extras.

Take care

BB

Another set of flies arrived today. More great looking soft hackle flies from Fshrmanms! Thanks for the extras, Mark. Great flies all the way around.

Take care

BB

Another set of flies arrived today. Fly Willy's March set has arrived in record time. But he paid a small fortune in postage to get them here! Anyway, we have a very nice set of soft hackles from a place where the ground is as white as the body of the soft hackles he sent! Very nice work, Billy. And thanks so much for the extras! Those are awesome! I'm going to enjoy fishing with crawfish (sometimes called crawdads here). Is the pattern online or is it original? Very neat and clever work!

Guys, you'll be getting two flies from Fly Willy this month. His Feb fly and his March fly will both be in your March set.

Take care

BB

My contribution went in the mail today. The flies are a slight variatin on the pattern I posted here. A lighter colored and softer hen hackle was used on the current batch.

Mike.

Riffs flies arrived on Saturday, and we received two sets from Eastern Fly today. He has sent in his March and his April sets. These are some great ties. Thanks guys, for the extras.

Take care

BB

The crayfish patterns are an Ian Colin James pattern called the Outcast Crayfish. I tie them in the small sizes from 12-8 and tie them either weighted with a little lead underbody and tied upside down ('cause they ride hook point up) or I tie them non-weighted and then add a few split shot to the line. Either way you have to get them to the bottom, and fish them slow.

For the bigger crays on bigger water I tie the Full Motion Crayfish. It is an easy pattern to find online. Like I said I like this bigger, so size 6-8.

And if I need really quick small crays that I don't mind losing the simplest is Skip's Dad. skip the extra materials and just tie a body of pheasant tail. This is truly a gorgeous use of one material. I have a special place in my heart for one material flys, like marabou damsels, puke flies, rackelhanen, marabou leeches and Fran Better's Usual.

Wife put my flies in the mail yesterday. The boys and I had some quality time tying...so you should have march, april, and may in the package. The terrestial is pretty basic, and I hope to have some time in the busy spring (I am a test engineer for John Deere Planters) that I can send you all some extras...

post-9829-0-32644700-1332893520_thumb.jpg

Two more packages of flies arrived today. First, we have a set of wet flies from Frequent Tyer. Woo Hoo. Nice looking flies! And then we received 3 sets of flies from Andydoc! He's really ahead of the game! But of course, he DOES have a little buddy at home tying up all the nice flies while HE gets all the compliments! Great work, Andydoc! And thanks, guys, very much for the extras. They are always very much appreciated.

Also you may want to notice that I have updated the first post of this thread to reflect which flies are in and which are still outstanding. We have 3 more sets to get in and I'll be ready to send this set out to you.

Take care

BB

We have received flies from Foambug and from Luke McCoy who is going to have to drop out. Thanks guys, for your flies.

If anyone knows someone who may be interested in taking Luke's place, please tell them to get in touch with me. I'll be posting a thread asking for a replacement.

We are still waiting for a set from Bluegill and I haven't heard anything from him. I'll be checking with him to see what I can find out. I think he was late getting his flies in for the Terrestrials swap also, so there may be something up with him right now.

Also, I will be posting the "Claim your pattern" thread for April. It's Holy Week this week, and I've been sort of busy. Also lots of technology breakdowns to have to deal with. Church computer is on the fritz, pulpit mike is dead, etc, etc, so that's why I'm running a little bit behind.

Take care, guys

BB

Hey Guys, Bluegill dropped out today and will not be sending flies for March. So I have on hand all the flies we are going to get for March. I know I won't have time to do anything about getting them out this weekend, but I'll try my best to get them out sometime the first of next week. I'll let you all know when I get them in the mail. And I'll be sending each of you back the fly that would have gone to Bluegill.

Take care

BB