Fly Tying
snooker21

Anyone fished Asheville, NC?

Fish the Davidson river when your there, it's a beautiful trout stream and has some really good sized bows in it. It's been a number of years since I was there but I had a great time when I fished it. This is the good fly shop with info which is in Brevard about 25 miles from ashville http://www.davidsonflyfishing.com/

Steve

May want to considered the French Broad for Smallies. Depending on rain and temps July/August can be a bit trying on the trout...think early mornings and evenings if you want trout.

I posted a report about two weeks ago with photos. Brevard is very close to Asheville. Fishing the French Broad is good . The Tuckaseegee is forty minutes away. The North Mills is there. It also has a lot of lesser known but really good water. The hatchery section of the Davidson is cool.

The davidson would be a good place to fish. If you are into fishing those small streams for wild fish then get the North Carolina Trout Fishing Maps Book which is maid by the fish and wildlife people and shows all the public streams and which ones have wild fish. It is available online and at fly shops

If you are there long enough, check out the Cherokee area trophy water. They have something obscene like 805 of the trout are over 24 inches. They have huge Palamino Trout also. You need a special permit to fish the area. The rest of the Cherokee water fishes really well. The trout map is great idea.

Enjoy your trip up here! +1 For stoppin by DRO. All those guys are top notch. Good food, good beer but you have been misinformed, there are no trout around here outside of the Davidson River. ;) PM me your info and I dont mind to help ya out!

If you were up near the end of July you probably couldn't cast w/o catching a person in the Davidson, I second the Tuck as I went to WCU and fished it regularly