Fly Tying
Li'lDave

Snook swap

Just to let y'all know.... I'm half done. Not too bad, they will swim very nice.

lil Dave, I'll play if you will take another Florida/ Canadian entry...probably do a Congo Polar Mullet....simple fly that WILL catch fish

Murray

SnookSBSFinal002.jpg

I'm possibly halve way there. If the UV resin goes white again you'll hear my screaming over the continents.

well my ten are tied. I'll give a week to see if the UV resin goes white, Not sure why but some flies seem to turn white over a period of days. If they're ok I'll arrange the postage

Come one, come all!

Only 4 more spaces to fill guys and gals! We've got a great set of tiers so far, let's make it even better!

Just out of curiosity, are we shipping down under?

To make things easier for everyone RichMc and I have decided that we'll ship to him... So only one set of flies has to come from down under depending on who else we get in the swap.

Just FYI,

Here is a fish I caught on a pink and black version of the fly I'm tying, only difference being this tie will be pink and white.

post-22241-0-65087400-1345627348_thumb.jpg

Sooty Grunter

I'm new to this forum ( and fly fishing )and after looking at all the swaps going on my eye immediately focus on this SNOOK swap.

I'm in. Only because I see I have time to tie a needlefish imitation that has worked very well for me on seatrout and I hear snook love needlefish.

attached a shrimp I tied but they take me way too long to tie for this swap.

post-44758-0-29162500-1345854430_thumb.jpg

I don't get to fish the salt much but I have a craft fur shrimp that can also be fished as a bait fish that has worked well for me on speckled trout on the ML. I have not tried it on snook but I believe it will work on them just as well as the trout. If that is OK you can count this Tennessee boy in. If the shrimp is not acceptable I also have a simple bait fish that works well for ladyfish on the beach that I think will also work on snook. Take your pick.