Fly Tying
Piker20

SEPTEMBER Flies

Something I don't do often, but was asked for by a client.

ad5b1d52.jpg

The Denison, on a 3/0 Bartleet iron.

Cheers,

C.

Fantastic flies this month.

Back in my pre-fly fishing days, purple salamander fished around stumps was usually pretty success for bass on the local lake. I've been mulling around on how to tie something similar, and this evening, the inspiration finally hit. Rabbit strip, Estaz, rubber legs and lead eyes. I forgot the weed guard, but this is only the prototype. I'll put it in the pool tomorrow to see how the action is.

reminds me of one of the Muppets.

I tested it in the pool and there wasn't much movement from the legs. So I tied another version that turned the rabbit strip the opposite way (hair side up), and just have a single strand of rubber for each leg instead of three tied together.

2012-09-12085622.jpg

notenuftoys, looks good sure you will have success with that shiny guy, try some EP Tarantuala wrap you can find it in purple should give you some more action

Hello !

Some flies from my corner ->

post-44604-0-62431800-1347729515_thumb.jpg

post-44604-0-02107000-1347729549_thumb.jpg

post-44604-0-15677300-1347729602_thumb.jpg

PS. How do you get these photos already largen up , mine are so small , the photos I mean :huh:

kauha-apina,

Your pictures are in real size ... just click on it and it brings up the actual picture. What's displayed on the post is the thumbnail.

...and your pictures are correctly sized so that we don't have to scroll to see the pic after we click on the thumbnails....whatever you are doing...leave it alone .... :lol: ...it's just right! Great flies BTW!

Murray

SoftiesSept122012003.jpg

SoftiesSept122012002.jpg

Dollar store Hooks, Thread and Dollar Store Chamois bodies, and telephone cord wire ribbing...and a chartreuse and black hackle

Murray

Dollar store Hooks, Thread and Dollar Store Chamois bodies, and telephone cord wire ribbing...and a chartreuse and black hackle

Nice ties. My kind of tying materials...

I've got three of those types of guardians ... but I know they just want the empty box to play in. They pretend to guard the contents, but leave a corner open and they'll empty it for you.

SoftiesSept122012003.jpg

Murray

Would catch dollar bream all day long! Cool beans brother.