Fly Tying
Piker20

SPRING SALMON FLIES

That massive one is Crackaig. They are great in cold water deep allowed to just swing. In warm water fish high toward surface and pull to add speed.

Steelhead will punish that beastly sized tube, anyway yeah with all the tubes it should be interesting, i will try these for sure actually all the flies will get swung come last weekend in april when my river opens. Will be a good test indeed!

Riff, that is pretty squirrel, very fine hairs and i had not seen any purple ones running around so i assume it is dyed.

I harvest all my own squirrel so I get some premo tails then dye them myself so I can pick which tail will look best for a certain colors the fine hair comes from September grey squirrel kills before they start getting their winter fur

Got them on Thursday! Thank you for this great swap. There are some beautiful looking flies in there, thank you.

I got my flies today. Just what I was expecting. Thanks everyone. I will be looking for some tying info for them. Piker20 thanks for the materials. Where can I get some more.

Kevin

anxiously awaiting....of course my wife just spoiled my hopes by telling me I had to shovel a path for the post man to get in to the box after this !@$@#$ blizzard ...so the question is. Do I want the flies to be delivered and am I willing to shovel another 5 hours to ensure delivery, or do I wait for it to melt and hope they don't return it to the UK? Nice and sunny today after 3 days of blizzard and white out conditions, but, forecast are calling for another 3-4 day storm to start in the next 2-3 days. This , my friends, is a prime example of environmental shock....a Florida boy a few thousand miles from home being subjected to to the hell that is....SNOW!

Murray ( the snow hating sand lover)

...and why can't Canada Post issue them tennis rackets they strap on their feet to the postmen?

I feel ya too, in Toronto we had 3cm's of snow - i was stuck inside and my Audi had snow on the windsceen, i had no idea what to do! j/k i do not own an Audi.

It brought the entire city to a halt.

I feel ya too, in Toronto we had 3cm's of snow - i was stuck inside and my Audi had snow on the windsceen, i had no idea what to do! j/k i do not own an Audi.

It brought the entire city to a halt.

Really only three cm! Outside of Ottawa we got around 2 ft!!! Oh well, we live in canada!

Flies arrived on Friday (probably before that but I REFUSED to shovel one more minute), and I am impressed and embarrassed. Impressed by the beautiful flies put together by everyone and embarrassed mine were no where near that fancy....

Murray