Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Chefben4

Spectacular Shrimp Swap!

Just finished mine last night. Ill have them out early next week if not by Friday.

Awesome! Let me know when you send them out and I will keep an eye out for em!

Got mine boxed and ready to ship this week.

How did the SBS approach to volume tying work?

It looks like it could save quite a bit of time and increase the quality of the production.

Excellent! Dude it worked great. I'll be using that technique when Im tying a bunch of the same. It was actually kind of fun watching them all take shape as a group (sounds cheesy I know). Also, its a great way to do it over multiple sessions too because you can stop after a certain step.

@Buzfly, got yours on Friday and forgot to let you know. Nice shrimp! and thanks for the extras!!

Ok guys..

I need updates from a bunch of you just so I know where we stand. Im totally fine with a delay but I'd like to know whats going on.

I've received flies from MCGX2 and Buzfly.

Casey79's should be at my house any day (en route from across the globe)

Utyer, iFly sent PM's requesting address so I presume they will be shipping this week.

That leaves a bunch of people I haven't heard from yet. I know a lot of you have my address from previous swaps so that may be why.

Clearly I have lost my mind.

I had March 8th stuck in my head for the due date. The due date is March 15th (a week from Friday) so we are doing ok!

@Utyer! Received a fantastic set of flies from you yesterday! I think everyone will love them. Thank you for the extras!

They went out this morning...knew I was forgetting something and got home and realized I didn't put the toe tags on them...sorry yall

They went out this morning...knew I was forgetting something and got home and realized I didn't put the toe tags on them...sorry yall

Ill fix em for ya! No worries. I forget all the time

Well, I haven't gotten a tracking number from my shipping department, so they either haven't shipped it yet or they have and forgot to send me the number.

I will check with them first thing Monday to get an update.

Either way they are coming 2nd Day so the latest you should have them is Wednesday.

When I done at work today I will post up a couple photos and the SBS video.

I forgot to mention mine went out yesterday. Sorry for the delay, my daughter has been battling strep throat this week so it's been chaotic around here. The sad thing is I had these done a couple of weeks ago and just didn't get around to getting to the post office. I think procrastination is embedded in my DNA

3f76c76e892411e29a5822000a9f15d4_7.jpg

SBS Video by Capt James Ferguson of Black Fly Outfitters

Modifications I made to the SBS are as follows:

Added X-Small Lead Dumbbell Eye

Dubbing Loop with Antron Dubbing