Fly Tying

I've been fly fishing out of a kayak for 4 years and I have both an Ocean Kayak Prowler Trident 13' and a Native Ultimate 12' I find myself in the Ocean more often then not as it tracks better, is faster, and the scupper holes allow me to keep on my truck in the rain.

As the ice thaws here in SE MI and someone wants to give one or both a try let me know.

I fished out of Native Ultimate 12 for quite a few years. Its a good boat but it doesn't track very well nor does do well in wind. Plan on a very wet paddle. I had sold it a few years ago. Not one of my favorite for all day tho. I have the Ultimate 9.5 but only use in a smallish ponds so I dont have fish from dang banks.

From the research I've done on the Native Ultimates, I've decided on the 14.5 version: Better tracking, faster, more payload, more stable. I'll definitely be installing a rudder right from the start, so I doubt I'll have the tracking issues that most have mentioned. The only thing I'm a little worried about is manueverability, which may not allow me to fish some of my favorite trout streams. But at the very least it will force me to go outside my comfort zone and maybe find something a whole lot better than what I'm used to. Only time will tell.

Nice boat! I am glad you are getting a rudder....I have a 12' and it is an older model w/a drop down skeg which is not as efficient as a rudder, but better than nothing....I went with the 12 because 90% of my fishing is smaller rivers and portability....the 14 is a much better all around boat......You will enjoy it!

Mike