Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
coinman66

Homemade Streamer Brush Maker

Just wanted to show all how to make a cheap alternative to a brush maker. Just need a drill with a open end eye hook screw, a board with nail or screw to wrap wire around. Wrap wire around screws and lay fibers down to your liking, lay other loose end of wire on top of fibers, take both ends of wire and hook into open end screw and start spinning with drill. Works great for me.

post-23191-0-54250400-1360003459_thumb.jpg

post-23191-0-60721900-1360003557_thumb.jpg

post-23191-0-62244900-1360003667_thumb.jpg

Nice job!

Thanks Chefben4. I was going to make one more like what The Cream has but didnt have quite all the parts. His streamer brushes turn out awesome.

What size wire do you use? I have read on other similar posts about others worries about adding too much weight with the wire, does this concern you? Lastly, do you wax the wire to keep the material on the wire while spinning?

Sorry to grill you like that, looks like I have all the materials to construct this and am excited.

Rob

I use ultra wire in small and medium size. I have not waxed wire but probably not a bad idea? I use my flies for Smallie fishing and they dont seem to care about wire size. But if your Trout fishing i guess it could make a differance? Let us know how you do rec3334.