Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
SCOwens

March Madness ..... show us your team fly

It may be a little late and I know we don't have the best team this year but ....

GO HEELS !!!

post-44625-0-86526000-1364082661_thumb.jpg

Anyone else have a fly that represents team pride ....

Sorry sc hate the heels. I am uk grad and after winning it last year fizzled out this year. I do tie some uk poppers. Go Cats!

My whole family are "heel" fans, doesn't make a lick o' sense considering they are all Florida born and bred. I on the other hand am a fan of a truly great program.....DUKE!!!!

Murray

I knew you were a weird one Lykos, well lets see your best Dookie fly .... haha

I don't think they make Senyos Laser Dub in that ugly Blue Color that Dook claims as its color, so the Heel Minnow will be hard to beat haha

I will give it to them they have a chance this year, probably better than the Heels do, but quickest Coach Roy Williams to 700 wins sounds pretty good though also, I will see how today goes.

Good luck

March madness ... All of my flies are for March madness. This is when the spawns start, right? This is when Spring comes and Northerners can get out of their cabins and go fishing again, right?

Is there some other meaning to "March madness"?

If you can't tell, I am NOT a sports fan.

Well this thread will die today, just like Duke and the Tarheels.

I wonder how many have a Final Four of Oregon, Florida Gulf Coast, Witchita State and Temple? My fly would be a bare hook to represent Gonzaga's pick as a number one seed. I will name and patent my fly, "The No Substance."

Owen! A Tarheel fan???? I am formally asking the moderators to remove the SC from your name on this board. Didn't you learn your A,B,C or D's in school? For all of you non-Southerners it means Anybody But Carollina (the fake one in Chapel Hill we have Gamecocks the real Carolina) or Duke.

Mike , since you are a fly tying / fishing fan we will forgive you for the not a sports fan remark.....even during March Madness... and i will not deem to respond to those "other" N.C. Universities fans....you know...the chickens and the hillbillies.....*snickers*

Murray

I have to go with Mikechell on this one. I thought after all the commercials and all the advertising everywhere all the time that this site would be my single refuge from all the b-ball madness craze...but I guess I was wrong. Both of my sons grew up wearing so much Carolina blue over the years that I have grown to like the color, or at least got used to it. I strongly dislike basketball but since the hospital at Wake Forest saved my rear then I guess I would have had to be loyal to them if I was forced to choose. I used to be crazy about baseball but when you started hearing more about multi-million dollar contracts than you did averages and stats then I lost a lot of interest, and then when a whole season was canceled I completely gave up on sports. I don't mean to sound grumpy but everything that I have tried to look at or watch for the last few weeks has had a layer of basketball madness that had to be waded through to get to what I actually wanted to see. If they would mix a few sports together it might make it more interesting....maybe baseball and football mixed or maybe motocross (now thats a sport I do like) and basketball mixed...maybe motocross and skeet shooting, that would be a challenge. I know!!! motocross and golf, kind of like gladiator polo.... After all my grumping, I would like to add that I do think the flies in the team colors is a good idea. Now that the excess steam has been released I think I will go tolerate some more b-ball ads so I can find something to watch

Take Care

Tony

Thats one hell of a fly, well my Tarheels went out, but I am okay with that always next year ... and for the record yes I am a Tarheel fan, would of went there if they would have had a Criminal Justice program, but all they had was a Business Law. Now I wished I wouldn't of majored in Criminal Justice either, there won't be a next year for that, oh well. Maybe I can hit it big and get a career in fishing haha ...

Thanks for everyone who "participated" in my March Madness forum ....

my bracket is busted, hopefully everyone elses is, damn FGCU, although I do wish them luck in the Sweet Sixteen