Fly Tying
atxdiscgolfer

Redfish Swap

Thanks for submitting recipe recipe Sthrncomfort; i will post photo of all flies on here once everyone gets theirs so that everyone else can see what they missed out on.

Just got in a nice set of flies from Dontheo, i more set to come and then I will get them out for everyone hopefully by tomorrow evening or friday morning depending on what time the last set gets here tomorrow.

Got in some nice looking flys from Sthrncomfort; thanks for the extras my friend. I would like to thank everyone that participated in this swap, which was 1st as a swapmeister; I would swap flys again with any of you guys. I was able to mail everything out this evening as well, I am heading to Port O Connor in the morning to try these out so wish me luck since the wind will be >17mph all weekend but my father in law is supposed to set something up with someone that has a flats boat so hopefully I will be able to dodge it somehow.

Wish I was going too. But I just got the bearings in on the tractor so the lawn is out of control. If you want it to rain, just break the mower and have it down for a few weeks.

I'm playing hooky tomorrow and bass fishing with my buddies that are practicing for a tournament. This will be Bascar style. They'll be pissed when I throw the big ones in the live well to put in one of my ponds. Flyfishing with my son Saturday at a phenomenal private 70 acre lake. (Usually 100 bass days there with most bass being between 2 to 4lbs). Good luck on the reds!

post-569-0-10794800-1368757569_thumb.jpg

De-Bonaire

Captain Rick Soule (His picture too)

I like this fly because it is light and easy to throw all day without wearing out an old man in the Texas heat.

It rides upside down so there is no need for a weed guard. Cast over weed beds or tailing fish. Strips are 4-6 inches, no more, even 2 inches. Due to the small and eyes palmered hackle, it does not sink fast. Try it over a hole when blind casting says Soul.

Mustad 34007 #4

Dark or Light Tan Thread

Extra small unpainted dumbbell eyes

Krystal Flash

White Grizzly Hackle

White Saddle Hackles

Paint Eyes to your Color

Cap likes to build the body up with gel or some type of coating. I keep it

smaller and more streamlined (lighter). Though it is well saturated with Sally's

TxDisc: You keep an eye on those skys. Clouds come and it will go to raining

on you, Texas style.

Note- This pic was taken before I barred the tail.Kwan

Mustad D70 size 2

Black UTC 140

Silver Bead Chain Eyes

Grizzly Hackle Coachman Brown

Tan EP fibers

Brown EP fibers

post-45796-0-87424500-1368764072_thumb.jpg

Dang for some reason i cant edit the last post from this iphone anyway the fly is called a Kwan and its a great shrimp imitation, i left the body wide so that everyone can trim it to their liking i like to trim the body very narrow but thats just me i have seen it tied a variety of ways.

I noticed that Ihpones and Ipads are not supported 100%. I think it is the "Flash" player which is not supported by my Mac devices. I love the Ipad, once I picked it up I fell in love. I never thought I would use a Mac device, ever, for anything. Now my Ipad is with me all the time.

On the job, it makes me look like I know wht I am doing when I don't have a clue. lol

I'm a little disappointed in how some of the heads turned on in the flys. A bit of a drying rack fiasco resulted in some interesting results.

Swimming the fly near schooled up reds or above a grass bed will yield some good results.

I gave it a shot a few weeks back with positive results.

Thanks for hosting the swap and for everyone for tying up some fish food.

I got a box of flies today. Nice work everyone. I am surprised at just how small most of them are. Since I am new to the world of salt water fly fishing, I really don't have a good feel for just how big or small these patterns should be. I will be trying these all out in the coming few weeks, after I take pictures of each one, and write up a recipe on how to duplicate them. I will post my results in the Salt Water section. Atx, thanks for hosting.