Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
JoeFish

Darn Dog!

well i thought it would bve ok to leave the tying box open, since these dogs of ours have not chewed anything in a very long time, but apparently the brown whiting half saddle smelled too good.

got home from an automotive swap meet this morning and there was brown hackle all around! and no skin left. ive_been_ripped.gif

son of a gun.

mad.gif

i guess i get to presize all thats left, hope that damn dog didnt get any of the hackle down, that would be a waste...(pun intended)

Joe

Lost a whole whiting gold neck that way! sad.gif Brand new too.

I did pick up as many of the feathers as I could and sorted by size so I was able to salvage some. Funny, I never found the skin either. That must be what attracts them. dunno.gif

Bamboo

I have a dog and a cat. NOTHING gets left out. I open up the drawer with the birds that I got from jbrowning and you would think that it was treat time!

Art

and i was just about to put all my stuff ni a tupperware and seal it, but ran out for a couple hours.

oh well, like Daryn said, live and learn.

i diciplined him(the right way) and he was scared of me for a while. im still kinda mad but oh well, he doesnt really know better.

You got off lucky, I have heard some real horror stories about this type of thing. You can also use this event to help convince your wife that you need to have your own fly tying room. biggrin.gif

no lance, just the one half saddle, but it was barely used maybe two dozen flies out of it.

there still[ is alot of useable stuff left. it will jsut be a pain to presize and organize it, but i was planning on doing that anyhow.

Joe

You have to watch them dogs. One of my beagles got into my dear hair and shreaded it up. Had hair all over. Can't really blame the dog, it's in their nature. They really go nuts over the piece of rabbit and skunk fur that I have. So I have to keep it all out of dog reach.

BFR