Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

Spring yard work / flowers

Steve, you just have not evolved yet, thats cool. If everybody liked the same stuff the world would be bland. It is good just to get your hands in the dirt.I bet it is good haveing color after all the snow, it does snow at your place right? you would like my wifes yard(we bolth love plants we split up the yard I get the front she the back) maby I will post some pics, if you guys want. flowers do livein up the day

I use to have some chicadee's mixed into some clay stand up pots as well as some different species of cactus, just wasn't my thing though. I evolved into liking plants that look like they are alive (hehe return shot to the ribs wink.png )

I use to have some chicadee's mixed into some clay stand up pots as well as some different species of cactus, just wasn't my thing though. I evolved into liking plants that look like they are alive (hehe return shot to the ribs wink.png )

good one!

All kidding aside I actually do still like Chicadees. I was actually just looking at some the other day at the nursery and was thinking about getting a few again and putting in a clay pot on the porch.

Chickadees? The little gray and black birds with the cap? You're planting those in pots?

You mean "Hens and Chicks"?

Maybe they are called chickadees where you are, I don't know.

Hen and chick...what you talking about some girl and her Mom? ;)

Yeah around this neck of the woods the non tech term for Hen and Chick is just Chickadee.

Thats the problem with common names, Sempervivum is probley what you guys are talkin about, very cold hardy succlent.

Reminds me, I need to finish digging out the vegetable garden. I used to be big into cacti and succulents. My first kid slipped past the chain link fence and right into the middle of 150 cacti. They were all gone by the end of the week, except for a golden barrel, a mamalaria of some kind, an E. grusonii and some sort of columnar type, I forget names these days, but I've had these three for at least 20 years. The golden barrel just started flowering about 4 years ago.

I moved onto orchids from there. I had about 600 of those before a cold snap killed them all. Now, it's back to vegetables.

I figure it like this if I have to spend more time taking care of something then I get to fish it either has to work or be eaten my dogs are prime examples I have a black lab border collie mix she earns her keep by tracking deer and retreiving ducks and the other dog is a shitzu poodle she rides in my truck when I work and alerts me to someone coming out of a house long before I or my wife can see