Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Kudu

Campfire Trout Recipes

Melt butter in a pan, add lemon juice. Salt and pepper to taste. Add fillets with skin on, cook on both sides.

Oh Dan we will have to remedy that in September wild trout spend their entire life trying to find food and sometimes going hungry thus causing a leaner trout and as the story goes you are what you eat trout pellets are just fat foods like mcdonalds to human where as wild trout eat the variety of health foods its like comparing pheasant to chicken

Be up your way 1st part of Oct. Hopefully will get to down a few pats and try some trout your way. Will pm you soon. Maybe you could show me a way to choke down some timberdoodle. Ive tried them but cant get past the first bite. I usually give them to anyone that wants them. I love hunting them, I just feel very guilty not eating them myself.

stuff your trout inside a nice big wild duck, cook duck unitil tender. remove trout from duck belly cavity, feed trout to dog, enjoy duck

ok guys, let me have it

Like others, stuff the cavity with onions. herbs, salt, pepper and a big ol' pat of butter. Wrap in foil and throw in the coals of the fire. Do the same with some taters about 15 or 20 min. before the fish.

When it's done right, it's like opening up some special silvery pouches of goodness! Chase with good beer or scotch!