Fly Tying

2 is the loniliest number in a swap..... That is the number we need to achieve, we'll, not really, we can use less. But more is merrier.

Find it hard to believe everyone has only what they need. Lol

Horseshoes, it's been a really long day and I am dead tired and I don't think my brain is working at full capacity right now so I have to ask a dumb question or two. Am I supposed to go through some boxes of flies and pick anything that I think the other swappers might like or use? I am also confused about the 3/4 of an inch height of the packages. Am I just putting the flies in the envelope without a box? Also, the flies don't have to be matched and I can just grab one of this and one of that until I have enough? I know, that was three questions... Please set me straight so that I can dig around and have a small mountain of containers on my desk and then go wild picking out flies.

Thanks and Take Care,

Tony

Lol. Take any extra flies you don't want or can't use.no used flies.

When your flies are in whatever container you use and in your envelope, measure how thick the envelope is.

The cost changes at the 3/4 inch level as well as the 100g weight. As you see by using a thinner and lighter container you save the $. Which in turn enables you to enter more swaps. Just measure and weigh the envelope and you know how much $ to send for postage.

Walmart sells a tin for gift cards that are thinner, old cassette containers are thinner. Just a few examples.

So think, if I put my type of container of flies in my type of envelope, what will the thickness and weight be. Then go to the chart I included and compare your measurements to find the cost.

The biggest envelope size you can use is those 10 x 15 I think. Hope this helps.

Horseshoes,

I think I was either so tired for the last couple of days that I was stupid OR I was having a pre-senior moment or two. My wife's cat was annoying me so maybe I can blame it on him.....It's hard to say what I will grab out of the containers but I will try to come up with something interesting. Thanks for giving me directions and pointing me towards the correct path.

Take Care,

Tony

I plan to go to the post office in the morning and send them on their journey. I hope that I have done this right because I sat down at my desk and started going through boxes of flies. I just grabbed one of this and one of that until I had a nice little pile in front of me and then proceeded to toe tag them all. No two are alike and there is dries, nymphs, wets and a few streamers in the box that I am sending.