Fly Tying
Pujic

Match the Hatch Challenge # 1

Thanks steeldrifter, So far I have 6 hours into this fly. I also spent a time thinking about how to tye it as well. Got a bit more thinkin to do tonight, but I'm done tying for today. Here's how it looks now.

user posted image

Thats looking great Shaq! thumbsup.gif

I have to agree with Graham about maybe 1 chalange per month since I am swamped with schoolwork. I can't wait to see the final result of your fly Graham. headbang.gif

Wow guys. All of the flies submitted thus far are just great! Shaq, Mozes and Graham, you guys really stepped up. This challange was not easy to say the least.

When we finish I think we will have a pretty good cross section of patterns and techniques which can later be used for other applications as well.

I started my nymph last night and so far only have the abdomen done. It's turining out ok but I am still not sure about the spikes on the latex ???? If this was easy it just wouldn't be as much fun would it smile.gif

I'm looking forward to seeing more and more submissions as time passes. I think 1 challange a month is enough due to the complexity of these patterns. We also have the ability to add patterns to the database through this forum so if it's ok with everyone I'd like to ask those who participate to not only show pictures, but also add their patterns to the FTF database under the realistic forum.

Keep up the excellent work guys,

Nick

I found some pics that might help some of us.

BFR

PIC 1

PIC 2

BFR

PS Sorry for those who work in standard units, you will have to convert to metric!

Thanks BentFlyrod, great pic's! I was wondering what else to tye on the head of mine for a mouth and antenae. I hope to have time tonight to work on my fly.

Graham

gee, thanks, bentflyrod. Now I gotta tie all night again. How am I going to get those crowns and thorns, hhmmmm.

My Dragon fly is almost done. I'll do a bit more work on the coloring. The fly looks more like a sci-fi creature than a realistic dragonfly, but it looks cool on my desk. In a few days I'm gonna try this again but use a smaller hook, this one is on a size 6 3x long.

Graham

user posted image

I wouldn't want to be swimming in a lake that had those suckers swimming in it! ouch!

Graham that has to be the most interesting layout of step by step realistic tying I've ever seen. Just uncanny! Awesome Job! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Shaq.

I had to get us some help. Graham is setting the pace and we have to try and keep up.

Graham

That nymph is looking awesome!

BFR

OK day 2 of Operation Dragon Nymph, I have added a hard (raffia) body to the nymph. I think it's really neat that we all seem to see different things in the pictures and tie that way. Looks like we have some winners in our mix, great job guys, I didn't vote this year but hope to next and have some of my flies in the mix. I still don't have that many patterns I can call my own but this little exercise should add some recipes to my box.

post-49-1106881578.jpg