Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Piker20

Keep them zippers up fellas

Exposed skin can freeze in as little as 10 minutes in temperatures of -28C and below, Environment Canada says.

Most of the GTA is under a wind chill warning with temperatures feeling as cold as -30 C in some areas as of 6 a.m. Thursday

Seriously though, hope all your folks stay safe and you've got no excuse not to be tying flies, its too cold to be doing almost anything else.

Got my thermals on, yes it is a tad nippy outside! Wind is picking up now and it stings the face.

Yep, it's a bit nippy outside. The temp here in the Virginia mountains is 5 degrees with a wind chill of -10 and getting colder. If the alcohol in the bathroom freezes tonight then I will know that it really got cold.....

Right now it's 13 below, low of 20 below tonight,and the wind chill right now is -45F.

My wife REALLY complained when I sent her outside to warm the car up.

WOW !!! Chase Creek, it's -4 degrees here with a wind chill of 28 below and I thought that was cold but now I feel rather warm after reading your post.

It's getting down to 18 here in FL so I imagine you guys up north are facing an arctic frost. Good luck and stay warm!

yesterday morning it was 63 degrees f at 7am, this morn it was 12 degrees. a 50 degree drop in 24hrs.

i don't know how you guys in the mid west and north of the boarder do it year after year.

it aint suppose to get this cold here. stay warm friends

craig

north east north carolina

Gravytrain, you are right. Years back I did a couple year thing and decided to get into the vinyl siding business because it paid fairly well. I used to love to get out of the mountains in the winter and work in eastern North Carolina and South Carolina because it was so much warmer. I would stay gone for a week or two working around the coast and then freeze my tail off when I came back home. I do like the mountains in the summer and thought I would sweat away to nothing when I worked the coast in the hot months. I remember one job that was in Washington NC (I think that's the correct name). It was around 100 degrees or so that day and so humid and sticky that I just wanted it to be over. I remember that job so well because it was a beautiful older home and the fellow that owned it was an expert carpenter. He had made a picnic table that was worthy of any elegant dining room in any home. I also remember that job so well because I was reinstalling the telephone box on the wall after we had ran the siding and the guy above me on a walk board dropped a Stanley 25 ft tape measure and it hit me about when your left kidney is, I went down like I had been shot. The rest of that job just kind of stuck in my head a little. I guess there is a good way and a bad way to view everything. I feel for those that are north of me because it is REALLY cold there. It only got down to -9 degrees with a wind chill of -33 this morning about 5am so I feel rather lucky when I see the temperatures of some of the other places.

Take Care and try to stay warm,

Tony

It got down to 37 degrees F. last night.

Supposed to get all the way down to 32 tonight.

Brrrrrrr too cold for me !!!

But it'll be back up in the 80s this weekend .... YEA for Florida !!!