Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
boynabubble

Tailwater Tinies- Dries and Nymphs

I am sorry I was in OK City and missed this one but I can tell you guys that fletchfishes little #30 is a work of art. It is not just a thread and wire midge but a true tailed, bodied and hackled dry fly that will stand up to any magnifying glass. I am fortunate to have one and it looks good in my lineup of mini-flies I may one day have a guide tie on for me since even my strongest reading glasses aren't good enough. I've tied several in the 30 & 32 sizes and one of the tricks is a good magnifier to tie under with a strong built in light and using either 17/0 or better yet Spiderweb. One nice thing about working on them that small is when you go to #16 or 18 it seems almost like you're tying a streamer by comparison.

OK, great! Glad to hear folks are interested in some of the really small stuff.

I'll tie a #30 CDC Midge Emerger and possibly a #24 Zelon Midge.

That's awfully nice for sniperfreak to share his top secret!!! I will keep my mouth shut.

Again, I'm really excited for this - my first swap. Looking forward to it!

I tied some size 20 yellow unnamed flies. They are on Mustad R50-94840 hooks, yellow UTC thread body, pearl white Jewel Flash wings and cream hackle. I meant to mail them yesterday when I went to the post office but I kind of forgot to...

netabrookie, that sounds like something you'd tie on when a small yellow sally hatch is being eaten by the troutses.

Just received sniperfreak223's flies in the mail....these are some very fine little flies! The top secret midge looks like a killer!