Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
singletrack

West Coast Surf Flies

Great! Thanks for filling out the Swap. I have also started tying a few of my favorites. Here are some other links to sites I like for surf flies. I am going to add another pattern to my selection I am going to do an orange puff.

http://www.zenflyfishing.com/

http://www.flyfishthesurf.com/SurfFlies.html

Dang Tim 980, I just finished my Q's Beach Bugs before I read your post. I'm guessing mine are a smaller size than you'll tie and I plan to do another longer fly while we have a lot of time. If I was going to strip my bugs and retie (I'm not going to) I'd make my red tag longer. I only have about a half inch red tag and the fly itself is quite compact. I like it tho and did a couple extra for throwing at bass and stripers.

Vicrider, I haven't tied them yet, so it's no big deal. I'll do a different fly. That fly really works well, glad you like it too.

Tim

Vicrider, I haven't tied them yet, so it's no big deal. I'll do a different fly. That fly really works well, glad you like it too.

Tim

Tim, if you've tied them before I'd go ahead with the tie, especially if it's a good worker. I'm not all that happy with mine but I think they'll work. If you put in some good ones and they work guys will have a backup. I plan to do another fly anyway. I have a huge bunch of salty hooks I got in a group buy so have plenty to use up. I had just enough squirrel tail to finish the run and would probably do tail a little heavier if I wasn't down to such slim pickings. I need to go out and get a couple of squirrels one of these days. It's a nice hair to tie with and fish with. Up to you but it is a nice looking tie and no two people will do them exactly the same.

Okay, I have some Q bugs ready to go, and a questionable version of the Surfin' Smerkin to go along with it. These were both new ties for me and think they will be at least backup for when they're hitting good and you don't want to risk one of your pet flies.

Address when you get a chance.

Hello All

I wanted to let everyone know that I am moving in two weeks. This was a rather quick move. My flies are finished and ready to be sent out. But I will be giving you my new address which will allow me to get them when I get to the new address in 2 weeks. I will be able to send the files out as soon as I receive them. This will not change the final due date at all. I just wanted everyone to know about the change. I will PM final address. Please attach toe tags to each fly and a return address and with correct postage.

Singletrack, PO would prefer we put a name with the address. Got the numbers but not the name. Should we hold off for a few weeks or is it okay to let them fly now as soon as we have a name?

Singletrack, I've got package all set to drop in mailbox and will wait until you tell us to send them on their way. Looking forward to this because, even tho I never fish surf (yet), I see some of these as being interesting to bass or stripers.