Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
HighPlainsDrifter

Dollar Store Wrapping Paper Spoon

Don't put words in my mouth. I wasn't referring to people who don't have boats; When I lived up there, I was a regular on the jetties every fall. I was talking about the mental defectives who stand a foot away from you and cast over your line while you're hooked up, throw all kinds of dead fish, discarded monofilament, and trash in the water and in the rocks, get so drunk they need help to get back in, kill whatever they can get away with, legal or not, park illegally and block you in, gaff undersize stripers, piss in the parking lot, throw dirty diapers in the bushes, and behave in every rude manner conceivable. If you think I'm exaggerating, I'll be happy to supply directions so you can see for yourself. Nobody in their right mind would fish among that pack of knuckle-draggers.

Those people are jack asses ... not morons. Morons don't know any better. Those people know exactly what they are doing, and just don't care. I think the death penalty should extend to litterers and poachers.

I copied this from the FL fish and game web site.

You do not need a recreational hunting, freshwater fishing or saltwater fishing license or a *Florida waterfowl, migratory bird, deer, turkey, snook, spiny lobster, archery season, crossbow season, muzzleloading season permit or *management area permit if...

• You are a child under 16 years of age (also exempt from federal duck stamp requirements).
  • You are a Florida resident age 65 or older possessing proof of age and residency or possessing a Resident Senior Citizen Hunting and Fishing Certificate. Residents age 65 or older may obtain, at no cost, complimentary hunting and fishing certificatesfrom county tax collectors' offices.

I read this to mean, that I DON'T need any license to fish fresh or salt water in Florida now that I have met the 6 month residency requirement.

It sounds like you are in luck utyer.....since over half of Florida's over 65 population are only part time residents they are still getting their $$$$$ from the seniors. Makes me mad being from out of state. I have to buy a salt and a fresh water license at almost $50 each. ....it is just because they can.

I know, I spent the first 5 months of 2013 waiting it out. Forty seven dollars each for non-resident licenses was too much. Florida makes you get new drivers licenses, and register your cars within 30 days. At that time I was registered to vote. I was a registered resident and voter in Florida in January 2013, but the six month exclusion still held for a resident fishing license. Obviously a revenue generator. I did at one point buy a non-resident 3 day salt water permit for a trip over to the Indian river.

On the flip side, I still purchase a season non-resident license in Utah when I fish out there. Only one required, but it costs $70.00. Still for a full year of fishing its a bargain. A single day of skiing can set you back twice that.

I don't like parting with a buck any more than the next guy, but in most cases, license revenue is directed by mandate to be used for the enhancement and protection of fisheries. I doubt there are many places where license revenues go into the general fund. There are just too many people using the resources to manage them without hard data, and gathering data comes with a price tag. Like it or not, the Good Old Days are not coming back.

IN most places I go for work, if I am going to be there for a week or more, I buy a non-resident annual license. It's cheaper than a couple of 3 day licenses. I don't mind paying for them ... since, as Peterjay says, it goes towards resource management. Look into any State's records and you'll find that almost all license fees are used to keep fish in the way of our hooks.

I have been using some wrapping paper to make spoons for a while butt I have been cutting clear folder to size and glueing the paper to both sides. Then covering with UV resin seems to hold up a little better to fish.