Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

8ft 5wt 3pc fiberglass

Another glass rod just out of the shop. This one is a 8ft 5wt 3pc spigot ferule with rosewood seat, brown burl grip, Gudebrod Rust colored thread and black trim on double foot guides.

ti7i.jpg

e4n3.jpg

wy73.jpg

hing.jpg

hwz4.jpg

Another "classic" looking rod. Now that you've built a couple, have you compared one to a similar sized "Modern" material rod? How much is the weight difference? Does the new fiberglass feel like the "old" fiberglass of yester-rods?

Feels like the old glass rods only with a tad faster action and lighter weight Mike. The tip on old glass rods use to bounce a lot, these new ones have the nice smooth moderate action but the tip recovers a lot quicker without the old buggy whip bounce of yesterdays glass rods.

That's a beautiful rod , only thing that would make it even nicer is if it was a 7 wt. then add a box of flies , WF7F line/ reel and a stream full of smallies.

STEVE,

That is one classy looking rod. It would be my choice for my 6' 6'' 3 piece model. Could you add the rod weight and length specs to the logo?

Rocco

That's a really nice rod, looks very classy and elegant. I'm really looking forward to trying a glass rod