Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
eastern fly

Big Fatties, Articulated Streamers Swap

That should work for me. On vaction this week. I should have all the materials I need.

Kevin, if I count right and you let me in it should make the count for flies 8 with your own not coming back. I will do a lot better on a tie than the last one like this I did a year ago or so. No particular pattern picked but something in the general fat two hook versions.

I got to order all the stuff I needed today instead of Thursday so that makes me happy and I can't wait for them to get here. So I really can't wait to get started on them its gonna be fun.

Kevin, if I count right and you let me in it should make the count for flies 8 with your own not coming back. I will do a lot better on a tie than the last one like this I did a year ago or so. No particular pattern picked but something in the general fat two hook versions.

That will work, you in. SWAP IS NOW CLOSED!!! Everyone need 8 flies.

Kevin

Well Kev, I had decided I could handle a "Legs for Days" but see you beat me to it...SO, I won't guarantee it will be everything the ones in the videos are but I'm going to take a crack at the "Hog Snare". Double articulation and lots of fluff. Can't believe they'd actually throw this in trout water but I suppose if you wanted to scare everything under 3#s out of the pool and concentrate on 5# plus this would be the one to do it with.

Yeah, would love to start but I had to do a big order too. Didn't feel like paying for expedited shipping so I can wait it out and concentrate on them when the supplies get here. Figure I ordered enough stuff to tie a half dozen before I actually start to tie the ones for the swap.

I'm doing a variation. Homemade shanks with a stinger. I have had a lot of short strikers in the past so I like the stinger hook. So mine are like a intruder style. My shanks are made from floral wire.

Kevin

Got the hooks and articulating links so I'm going to go for a respectable version of the Hog Snare. Other than the tie taking about as long as a dozen of most flies per fly it really doesn't look like all that hard a tie. Lots of steps but all basic. Should be quite an active fly when finished and push plenty of water. If you use it where they're toothy critters I'd use a wire lead. I've had enough bass baits bit off over the years from those things.