Fly Tying
maddog48

Sow Bug Roundup

If I'm wrong for posting this, go ahead and delete it. There is a tying show, the Sow Bug Roundup scheduled for Mar 17-19 in Mountain Home, Arkansas. Lots of local tiers and casting instructors put on a really good show. Last year there were over 1000 people through the doors in 2 days. The admittance fee is $5. If anyone wants any info, e-mail me or contact me through this board.

Mike

I'm sorry that I can't make it this year, but had a blast in 2004. If any of you folks want to have a fun time at cool tying show and meet some great people, this is the place for you. Very laid back with a bunch of terrific tyers. I learned a ton last year. and made a bunch of new friends. have fun

This will be my first Sowbug, but I will be there. And I'll mention the Conclave in October in Mt Home is also a great time. Lots of tyers of lots of different styles make both these shows very interesting and informative. And the fishing is pretty doggone great, too!!!

This website gives you information on the Sowbug Roundup

Fly-by-night... It's about 30 miles south of the Missouri/Arkansas line. Beautiful town, very friendly folks there. There's a chance that Wapsi will be giving tours of the facility that weekend too. That's definitely something to see. Like ArkieFlyGuy was saying... great fishing on the White and Norfork Rivers. Hopefully they'll be done generating soon so we can get some wade fishing in.

Mike

shocking.gif You live in Joplin and don't know where Mt Home is?

It is about an hour or so east of Harrison, AR on US 412/63 right between Bull Shoals and Norfork Lakes. Ten miles from Cotter, Norfork, and numerous other trout infested waters of the White and North Fork Rivers. About three hours from Joplin.

Mountain Home on MapQuest

I'm not 100% fer sure on it, but it has been done in the past at both the Roundup and Conclaves.

Mike

Iwent last year. Had a great time. I am coming back and will be tying. I'll be staying at Wildcat Shoals on the White River. See you there. Kevin

I plan on tying at Sowbug as well. As far as I remember Wapsi has had a tour the last three years of their facility, but the numbers are limited and you must sign up to go. Everyone I've talked to who went on the trip has been impressed, but I haven't managed to sign up before the qota was reached.

Mark Delaney

Ahh so it isent too awfull far from joplin then hehe. i dont travel much in AR. i stick close to MO:)

I will be doing my trout fishing at capps creek this year for shure....they just did a stock there at capps and hickery creek around neosho. perhaps one of these years i will get down that way and attend these functions...till then have fun those who are going....looks like a blast for shure headbang.gif