Fly Tying

Thanks mikechell!

Here is a quick recap of the local ponds fished this past week. And then, Saturday's trip to a Tailrace where we fished with an 8wt Fly Rod and an 8wt Switch Rod. Was a tough go but did catch and release a couple of Carp as well as hook into two nice Striped Bass! Vlog #5 - "Local Ponds and Denison Dam"

Good video. Very nice Striper at the end ... like you said. But the little ones are too fun to give up on!

Got 34 crappie and 3 gills this morning. All standing in one spot. My wife had the camera elsewhere.

Rubber legged dragon, Only and yellow boa yarn fly used.

Rick

Good video. Very nice Striper at the end ... like you said. But the little ones are too fun to give up on!

Thanks mikechell!

Made it back to Denison today. One Keeper Striper! Still working on the video. Sidetracked for now... gotta watch the football versus edit video. Pictures.

Thanks mikechell!

Made it back to Denison today. One Keeper Striper! Still working on the video. Sidetracked for now... gotta watch the football versus edit video. Pictures.

Hosted a Live Stream Q&A using yesterday's video. Had a couple of viewers join live, and had a couple of questions comes our way. Another successful beta test is completed! Video. Lots of background noise on the River; plan to improve on it next round,

In all my years of snake catching and keeping and observing ... I've never seen a snake actually chase after a fish like that. I have watched them sit and wait, and strike and catch a passing fish ... but never an active chase.

Thanks for that video.

In all my years of snake catching and keeping and observing ... I've never seen a snake actually chase after a fish like that. I have watched them sit and wait, and strike and catch a passing fish ... but never an active chase.

Thanks for that video.

Thanks mikechell! Never had that happen either until yesterday. :-)

Had a request from a Reader asking us about fly fishing presentations we use. Put clips together from trips to the Blue, Lower Mountain Fork, Turner Falls, and Possum Kingdom. May be of interest to others come this Trout Stocking Season! Fly Fishing Presentations.