Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Bryon Anderson

The What's In A Name Swap

Gentlemen -- I just realized (thanks to one of the participants in this swap) that I had neglected to give you my mailing address...oops. Sorry about that. Here it is:

Bryon Anderson

294 W. 30th St.

Holland, MI 49423

Thanks for the heads- up Jolly Red, I will keep an eye out for your flies and let you know when they arrive. Hope your weekend was good too!

I have had my flies tied for a while now but I have been a little on the busy side of life and haven't had a chance to get to the post office. I will get them started on their journey Saturday morning.

I have had my flies tied for a while now but I have been a little on the busy side of life and haven't had a chance to get to the post office. I will get them started on their journey Saturday morning.

No worries -- I will look for them next week then. Thanks for the heads up. :)

netabrookie, everytime I look at your flies....Goldie Hawn, Montreal Whore...I think they if it was true I'd have to get a passport.laugh.png laugh.png wub.png

Vicrider, I don't think my wife was as amused as I was when I finished tying them. I came out of my room and pretended to yawn and act tired and told her that I was completely exhausted after doing over a dozen Montreal whores. I have been crazy about Goldie even since I was young and watched her in those little skits on Laugh-In.

Flies are done. I will be mailing this week. I didn't particularly enjoy tying these flies. I don't like messing with uv glue and flammables which these flies require. I'm not much of a nymph or egg fisherman but these eggs are very lifelike in the water. I tried them in the river Saturday. Anyone that likes them they can find the tutorial on the Itinerant Angler the blog of Zack Mathews.

Byron I'm tossing in a simple streamer that I caught a 20" brown and three others that were close to 20 on Saturday before last. I did well on it this Saturday as well as a slumpbuster and an egg eating bugger. Problem now is that I live in the rainforest that is Southern Kentucky and all it does is rain. Rain doesn't keep me from going but I prefer to go when it's not.

Byron, the Hawn's and Whores are headed your way

Flies are done. I will be mailing this week. I didn't particularly enjoy tying these flies. I don't like messing with uv glue and flammables which these flies require. I'm not much of a nymph or egg fisherman but these eggs are very lifelike in the water. I tried them in the river Saturday. Anyone that likes them they can find the tutorial on the Itinerant Angler the blog of Zack Mathews.

Byron I'm tossing in a simple streamer that I caught a 20" brown and three others that were close to 20 on Saturday before last. I did well on it this Saturday as well as a slumpbuster and an egg eating bugger. Problem now is that I live in the rainforest that is Southern Kentucky and all it does is rain. Rain doesn't keep me from going but I prefer to go when it's not.

Thanks guys, I will watch for the flies and let you know when they arrive. Kudu, sorry you didn't enjoy tying the flies but they do sound pretty cool. I look forward to seeing them. And thanks for the streamers! I can definitely use those this time of year. :)

Netabrookie your flies are here -- very nice! Two patterns I'll definitely be using and tying myself. Really nice set coming together for this swap, guys, I think you'll all be very happy.