Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
OnlyFly

Hello from Manitoba

Welcome. Pull up a chair and look around. You'll find lots of info and tips here from beginners to World class tiers, all willing to share and advise. Get involved in some swaps to develop and fine tune your skills. Something here for everyone, at any level. Glad you joined us.

welcome, and tell us a bit about yourself so we'll know whom we're talking to. I see your favorite fish is smallmouth bass, so that means you're not from the deep south or the southwest.

well....DUH! of course if you're from Manitoba... I need more sleep.

I am 15 years old, have been fly fishing for 7 years and tying for 3. Do mostly warm water fly fishing. Favourite flies are poppers

well, now, you'd fit in really well in North Carolina or Florida. Lots of panfish to use poppers on. Don't expect much warm water up there for the next few months!

Nice to see more and more people my age on here! Welcome to the forum OnlyFly, I'm guessing you only fish with fly gear? Or only use one fly?

Yeah most of the lakes up here are all ready down to mid/upper fifties. At least there is still really good pike fishing. And yes I only use fly gear. Prefer the fight over spinning gear, and the casting is quite fun as well (when I don't get a tailing loop).

Great trout fishing also up in the Roblyn area. They have done a fantastic job with that fishery.

What part of Manitoba are from?

Welcome fellow prairie Canadian !

That is NE of Selkirk? If so there is a bunch of lakes to the East of there! I have been to a Hawk or Falcon lake many years ago by Kenora. I guess Lake Winnipeg would also be a big Fishery. My buddy lives at St. Norbert on the red river with big cat fish, not sure about flyfishing opportunities there?