Fly Tying

ihang10,

No problem, I especially have this problem with I use super glue to put 3-D eyes on congo hair/EP streamers. The super glue makes the eyes turn really cloudy/foggy, but one layer of Sally's and they are crystal clear again.

Other than Sally Hansen's Hard As Nails, I also use Tear Mender. It's excellent for bonding strips of rabbit for making double bunny flies. It's made for fabric, waterproof and stays flexible.

Aileen's has a couple of other adhesives that tiers can use. I have a tube of something other than the Fusion, but don't recall what it's called. Has a Goo (Goop) like consistency & dries clear. I used it for adding 3-D eyes to Murdich Minnows & forming a head, it worked great!

I'll post the name later, as I'm leaving for work now. unsure.png

I have always kept my glue section very minmal. I keep zap-a-gap, 5 minute expoxy and aquaseal. I like zap-a-gap as head cement or a light coating on feathers for hoppers. 5 minute epoxy for tying gloss heads on big streamers. Aquaseal dries really nice clear and glossy and it never seems to yellow or crack and will last a long time in salt water. But it does take a long time to dry.

Banks

Sorry for the delayed reply.... I just got out of bed. If you're looking for Aileene's, try Ace Hardware, in the glue section. I tried all the big box stores sewing sections, even tried sewing shops, and couldn't find it. Finally found it at Ace. Glad to hear it really works.

Other than Sally Hansen's Hard As Nails, I also use Tear Mender. It's excellent for bonding strips of rabbit for making double bunny flies. It's made for fabric, waterproof and stays flexible.

Tear mender is one of the best adhesives out there. I use it mostly to stick eyes on to flies, and have been really impressed with how it works. I saw that Charlie Craven used it on his dirty hippy pattern, and I asked him how long it takes for the eyes to fall off. He said "they don't." That has been true in my experience as well.