Fly Tying
Bruce Derington

Mike George's Project

So as you may remenber, I recently picked his DVD and re-stocked my deer hair supply ,so, I tied up the two patterns he so masterfully tied. I have worked with deer hair for quite sometime but have always tried to stack mega clumps and in this video (and in general) he uses smaller clumps than 'the norm'. I tried using smaller clumps on the Diver ( seemed , still too big), and with the popper (turned out good) i WAS able to get the 'barring' I wanted. Having viewed this DVD I would recommend it to anyone wanting to get serious in stacking. Will say this, he had a couple of 'Tools' (aid in producing positive results), that I made up, and they work great. BUT you'll have to pu video for those.

P.S. I threw in a few Mice ( in the background) to mix it up a bit, Not the best, but , Honest attempt. So for your amusement

post-4571-0-03405000-1416186857_thumb.jpg

post-4571-0-79754600-1416186890_thumb.jpg

post-4571-0-32858800-1416186945_thumb.jpg

Bruce, I am pleased to hear you liked the video! I was also impressed with your bugs. Chris would also like the mice I am sure. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Also if you are have the opportunity to see me tie again please introduce yourself. Mike g

Mike,

I was wondering wen you were going to join this group!

Here is one of Mike's flies in action on larger fish:

imagejpg1_zpsd2c82211.jpg

The fly:

imagejpg2_zps8eaec5b9.jpg