Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

8'6" 3wt

This is the first of a trio of new rods for a customer. This one is a 8'6" 3wt 2pc with custom grip and hand turned seat set in nickle silver hardware. Wraps are garnet without CP with silver inner trim and red outer and overwraps.

ffxyBr.jpg
KHe6EA.jpg
B3xtYF.jpg
hAEqkr.jpg

I love everything about it! I can't justify another rod (can only use one at a time anyway), but I've long wished I could get a 3 wt and that one is perfect in every way. I wouldn't even mind if someone else's name was on it :-)

FlaFly you owe yourself a 3wt for those Fla. Gills. You will love it. The rod is longer than I prefer but if you like long rods you will wished you had done it a long time ago. You might also think about one of Steve's light glass rods. I am trying to convince myself to order one myself.

re: to Ditz

Aha! You're convinced about what I should do, but have doubts about yourself. This is the time of year that I buy for other people, and I'm sure my wife doesn't want a fly rod.

FlaFly keep and eye on the board trading floor after the new year is over. I have a couple shorter 3wt blanks around 7'6" that I plan to build and offer at a good price here to FTF members but I plan to wait till probably January to do so because I know with Christmas it's a hard time of the year to spend money on oneself.

Love that very subtle red on red Steve. Always works of art and inspiration for us amateur builders.

Beautiful rod Steve. I really like that red/metallic red combo as well. It really looks nice together.