Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Christopher K

Hiring fly tyers/company

Ok, I've been selling flies for a while now but it's getting to be a bit much. I've been doing custom stuff up to this point and am fine with that but there is a chance I'll be dealing with a very large amount of hair jigs soon, I was wondering if there are any fly tying companies that you can do contract work with? On the other hand if there's anyone here who might be interested in helping me out send me a pm please, not sure I'll need anyone yet but I think there's a good chance I will.

Chris

I know a guy that designed a pattern and submitted it to Umpqua and they liked it so now it is being sent overseas to see the feasibility of reproduction; if all goes well he will get royalty fees from Umpqua each time they sell his pattern.

I know a guy that designed a pattern and submitted it to Umpqua and they liked it so now it is being sent overseas to see the feasibility of reproduction; if all goes well he will get royalty fees from Umpqua each time they sell his pattern.

I am aware of the system in that respect, just not the course I want to go. Basically what is happening is I have a friend who's producing a show for wfn who is willing to promote my products if I can come up with something for him to use. IF I can come up with something it would be one product used to promote my business as a whole, so selling it to a company doesn't really work. I don't care if I personally make the things but I'd like it to not just be a trickle down thing from a big company.

CK,
At one time Umpqua would mass produce custom flies for individuals that Umpqua themselves did not sell.
They just sold them to the individual owner of the pattern. You might give them a call. 303-567-6696

Kimo

Thanks for that Kimo, I'll have to give them a call. And to those who have pm'ed thanks, I will get back to you all shortly.

In your post you asked if anyone in here knew of any fly tying companies that you can contract with, I'm pretty sure I answered that. If you are looking for sponsorship from a company or individual the 1st step u would take is setting up an LLC; I have a lot of friends who are athletes that are sponsored and basically they are contracted by their sponsors for marketing and get 1099's at the end of the year. It's a win win situation for the companies because they get their name out there and get to write off expenses for doing so.

Basically what is happening is I have a friend who's producing a show for wfn who is willing to promote my products if I can come up with something for him to use.

Any "sneak peaks" on the show? I have WFN, I'll check it out when it comes out.