Fly Tying
DustinPedley

selling fly's on "consignment"?

Well ... everyone has different experiences. Don't give up on making some money. If you don't mind tying 15 or 20 flies and letting them sell them for you ... try it. What's the worst that can happen ... they get lost and you don't get any money. That happens on the river every day, no?

Everybody has an opinion (and most of us vent them regularly, like flatulence) ... but your own experience might prove fruitful and fun.

One thing ... if that shop is the only one near you, don't do the picture thing. Don't burn that bridge, if you know what I mean.

If you want to do the picture thing, create a web page and sell online.

I've often thought of taking my el cheapo C-clamp vise to work & knocking over some flies in work time! That way my boss pay's me to ty my own flies for my own fishing! :-)

"Adam ... first you're 'chatting' online during work hours!!!"

"Now you're playing with those feathers and crap ... DURING WORK HOURS !!! "

"YOU'RE FIRED !!!!!"

I don't sell flies and have never really even thought about it. I did however have a little craft business. Most of our sales were wholesale to the stores. We charged roughly 50% of the retail price. A few stores preferred consignment and paid us 78-85% of retail. Don't fly sales work the same way?