Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Some down time......

Just to let everyone know there may be some down time coming soon as I make the transition to the new dedicated server. I will try to make it go as smoothly as possible but there will be some time where the forum will not be available. I am planning on beginning the move sometime this weekend.

Wish me luck unsure.gif

Hey Will!

Good luck on the change over. Hope it all goes smooth.

Tim

DOWNTIME?! unsure.gif WHAT? No site huh.gif unsure.gif OMG what the hell will we do?! unsure.gif blink.gif your kidding right? NOOOOOOOOOOOO! blink.gif blink.gif

Tie flys saturday, then if you drink, get drunk sunday and watch the Daytona 500 headbang.gif

QUOTE (steeldrifter @ Feb 8 2005, 11:34 PM)
DOWNTIME?! unsure.gif WHAT? No site huh.gif unsure.gif OMG what the hell will we do?! unsure.gif blink.gif your kidding right? NOOOOOOOOOOOO! blink.gif blink.gif

Will- can we get his medicine adjusted before somebody beats the bag out of him, please!!!!!!!! crying.gif

QUOTE (DFix @ Feb 9 2005, 03:31 PM)
QUOTE (steeldrifter @ Feb 8 2005, 11:34 PM)
DOWNTIME?! unsure.gif WHAT? No site huh.gif  unsure.gif OMG what the hell will we do?! unsure.gif  blink.gif  your kidding right? NOOOOOOOOOOOO! blink.gif  blink.gif

Will- can we get his medicine adjusted before somebody beats the bag out of him, please!!!!!!!! crying.gif

Not to point the finger of blame dry.gif but Will said he was getting this new server simply because it had a automatic Dfix translation decripter build right in Mooning-Smilie.gif

As far as I know I'm still gonna schedule it for Friday. You guys have better things to do on a Friday night beside sit at your computer.....right? laugh.gif

I will transfer the flytyingforum.com domain over at lunch on Friday. I have seen domain name transfers take a couple hours to over a day, it all depends. The moment the new server is live, the site will be gone. So I don't have any idea when the transfer might happen. At that point it will be a mad dash for me to get all the files and databases from this server and move them to the new one. After that is done, it will be some extra time to reconfigure files, directories...etc.

Hopefully I will have this done sometime Friday. That is if everything goes according to plan.

I have done this many times in the past but it has mostly been static sites so I want to be careful not one post or picture gets left behind.

Gosh Will....

I'm glad you know what your doing...I understood about 10 words of what you just said biggrin.gif

Take your time....we'll all get by just fine....Good Luck and have some cold ones ready for when your all done!

Tom

NOW HEAR THIS!

PROBABLE SERVER SWITCH TONIGHT. IF NOT TONIGHT, PERHAPS DURING THE WEEKEND, BUT TONIGHT IS LOOKING LIKE THE PLANNED TRANSITION.

(p.s.- there is NO - I REPEAT - NO!!! - built-in decoder in the new server upgrade- Any and all on "need-to-know" status receive security updates under current guidelines)

THAT IS ALL

Go ahead and takt your time Will. Just means I will have get a life away from the computer for a couple of days.

BFR

Sign in to follow this