Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
wayne offord

Bucktail Jigs

I am looking to get into tying buck tail jigs, is there a master out there that could share a video. There are some I found through google, but nothing like the incredibly detailed fly tying videos some of you guys have produced. I want to make the best possible as soon as possible.

I've likely tied several thousand of them, but never did a video. They're not difficult to tie if you've done any tying at all.

There are details that IMO make a bucktail jig better than simply lashing hair to the jig, but still tying them is basic.

Be glad to pass along any help I can give you! smile.png

I would be happy to chat with anyone who wanted to tie jigs. Im a second generation tyer - learned when I was about 12 and have been tying for fun and profit ever since. In central NY I get orders from the smallest panfish jig to larger sizes for walleye and pike. These picts are a family special - 1/2 Barumba Head.

You can also find a great group at jigcraft.com

post-51867-0-94521200-1432245722_thumb.jpg

post-51867-0-07128500-1432245770_thumb.jpg

There is even a jig you can tie to fly fish with. It is a 1/16 oz. jig on a 5/0 hook. I fish them quite a bit for bass and they don't cast with any more problem than flies with the heavier cone heads. They are made by H2o and I think they are for salt water with plastics. Here is a picture of a few.

post-20375-0-86612800-1433034696_thumb.jpg

post-20375-0-08417200-1433034713_thumb.jpg