Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
ditz2

Franklin TN

A few days ago I was introduced to a nice young fella at Hobby Lobby while we were both looking for fly tying materials. If that young man sees this I would appreciate it if he would send me a PM. I hate that I have forgotten his name and I should have asked him for his user ID.

I did a quick search of members located in Franklin and got four hits, one of which is current. He was 34 years old. You might try that. Go to members, click on search options, type franklin in the location box and search.

Thanks for the help Flafly. This young man was a junior in HS and too smart to be 34 and still in high school. hehehe.......Maybe not, he sure enjoyed my stories on the Boundry Waters since he was planning to make the trip within a year or three. The other problem is you will notice that most seem to be too shy to post where they live. Afraid of hackers I suppose!......

Some of the stories that a small request such as yours will bring to memory just knock me flat, every time. You can not possibly imagine everything I remember about my journey through Franklin, or.. maybe you can. Looking for someone to hook up with to flyfish was remote according to the arranged schedule [wife], dinner however was formost and was enjoyed at the South Street Restaurant, I believe that is correct.And if this is any indication of how finding anything has to do with this search of yours, may I say that I found my way to Franklin via the Today Show that morning whom were hosting a Chef of that establishment. Further illustrating the point is the fact we also heard about the Lovelace Café and enjoyed that Tenn. experience as well,, actually very well. Not to slight anyone, I add this bit :Guy Fierri, host of Diners, Drive-ins and Dives, hosted his show there just prior to our visit. Small world...you can find anyone. The wonderful "Thing" about flyfishing is that you will acquire friends across every age bracket, if there is such a thing. Anyways I sincerely hope you this young man.

Thank you much. I am surprised that he has not yet responded. He did indicate that he frequented this forum or I would not have posted here. During our brief conversation it came up that he was considering spending a week or so in the Boundry Waters area. I related a few of my experiences up there and encouraged him to go as it was some of my life adventures as I was there several times and I am so glad I did. I am too old and out of shape for the many portages and other activities required. I might be able to get through it but the effort required would take the edge off of the experience.