Fly Tying
Quacker

Realistic butterfly patterns

Man that's awesome. Do you still have the link?

Also is that your cat in your new avatar?

I've seen the dragon on the Internet, I believe it was tied by the same person who produced the butterfly DVD, the butterfly is great, both are works of art and the tiers are way out of my league.

I have considered foam bodies, thanks for that information.

The bat would have been a great holloween project, is there a pattern for it, my granddaughter would love it!

I think all of you have provided me with what I need on the butterfly topic, thanks very much to all of you. Might be a good idea to move on and help the next frustrated fly tier with a problem. You've been very helpful to me.

You think you'll get rid of us that easy? These threads last forever. I still see people answering questions that were posted five years ago by someone who hasn't even logged in for at least two years.

Not trying to get rid of you guys just trying to thank everyone. I think I found a good video on the internet for Butterfly bodies by a tier I believe is from the Netherlands. Sorry I'm getting old and can't remember why I came upstairs, so of course I don't remember his name. I'm sure someone out there knows who I'm referring to. If I pull everything together and get one that looks good I'll post it for your feedback.

As for the Bat of course I could try to tie it but more than likely it will not look anything like the posted picture when I'm done, that's not a good thing. Thanks for the bat link.

There was a gentleman you has since passed that worked at a fly shop in Indianapolis IN. He would tie up little white mice on pins and give them to the wives that came into the store. My wife has hers in a promanent place in her jewlery box.