Fly Tying
Commenti

Double Bunny Leach

Hello My name is Commenti and I just joined this afternoon 12/20.

I am looking for some advice on tying a Double Bunny Leach I think that I could make some good minnow imitations for Bass and Northern Pike in my home waters of Lake Champlain and its tributaries. And yes I know as I read in my very first forum topic I could maybe Google the answer smile.png but I was hoping to find help from someone that like tying the Double Bunny. My question is really two questions.

1. What type of adhesive have any of you used to tie a good Double Bunny Leach I have tried without luck Zap-A-Gap, Zap-A-Dap Goo II, Plastic Surgery for leather, and head cement. When I tried it I always apply a small amount with a bodkin, I also walk away and let it dry well. I am just not getting good adhesion or final product.

2. I know the colors that I what to tie with form using live baits, and spoons in my spinning rod days hey I come from the dark side what can I say but I would love any color suggestions that you could suggest to me.

If you are referint to Scott Sanchez's Double Bunny, the glue must be flexible. As noted above by In Puruit of Trout, use Val-A-Tearmender which is a natural latex based glue. Try an Ace Hardware store.

http://www.flyanglersonline.com/flytying/fotw2/112105fotw.php

https://www.tearmender.com/storelocator.php

Best glue for that and many otehr tying uses ie- doll eyes, etc is Tear Mender.

My wife refuses to call it that, so according to her I steal and refuse to return her "fray check".

I honesty have no idea what the commercial name is. :)

Fray Check is a different product than Tear Mender. I haven't used Fray Check so I can't comment on it, but Tear Mender works great for Double Bunnies, MOAL leaches etc. A little goes a long way.