Fly Tying
carpflyguy

Striped Bass/Bluefish Swap Interest?

Not sure how many tiers we have along the east coast on here. Any interest in a SW swap with striper and bluefish style flies? Or similar species? Just testing the water, so to speak.

I would be interested! This will get my feet wet, so to speak, in fly swaps. I live on the East Coast and fly fish for stripers (Rock Fish) all the time.

I would but it would depend on the due date. We get plenty of blues own here. No stripers except in freshwater but I have been copying striper flies for snook trout and reds for years now.

Cool, I'll see about throwing this swap together then. It's been a pretty good run this year, andd blues are ways in thick. You could also definitely participate with flies for landlocked stripers, or other fish that will hit these flies.

Well, since I'm working on setting up with a guide who will concentrate on stripers on fly rod on Lake Texoma I think I'd like to do this. I'm about caught up so could handle it okay. Most guides on Texoma dunk shad on rods stuck in holders and they don't even like people to remove rods, just crank the handle and bring them in. Have been with two guides on lake I'd never go with again and had a few say fly fishing is not part of their system. Lake is full of smaller stripers and lots of bass so should be a great fly rod lake if a guide knows his stuff.

Well, since I'm working on setting up with a guide who will concentrate on stripers on fly rod on Lake Texoma I think I'd like to do this. I'm about caught up so could handle it okay. Most guides on Texoma dunk shad on rods stuck in holders and they don't even like people to remove rods, just crank the handle and bring them in. Have been with two guides on lake I'd never go with again and had a few say fly fishing is not part of their system. Lake is full of smaller stripers and lots of bass so should be a great fly rod lake if a guide knows his stuff.

A striper on a fly rod is so much fun. I fish for them on flys and on a surf rods. Chunkers waste more time sitting than if they fished for them like we do up here.