Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

Fly Challenge #3

This one is my favourit clouser. I use polarfiber for wings, stick prismatic eyes over bead chain and make epoxy head. It's not look like clouser but it is. smile.gif smile.gif

post-2-1109778974.jpg

Clousers are one fly I have yet to really get into... just never givin the opportunity, you guys have just opened my eyes to alot good ideas and really nice patterns.. cheers.gif

Arctic Clouser (uses Arctic Fox tail/body hair) and beadchain eyes, standard streamer hook. Killer for stream bass/bream. Olive over yellow is the top producer locally.

user posted image

Another version for panfish using dyed gray fox tail (underfur for the belly, guard hairs for the wing) and tiny painted lead eyes:

user posted image

Dyed colors on this pattern are nice, but the killer is the bleached Gray Fox:

user posted image

I also use the standard Clousers on 3306 hooks for bass.

Egg Sucking Clouser

On a rainy/windy day in Florida (no fishing, no golf) tying flies is a life saver. Today I was getting a bit creative with some tying for an upcoming Alaska trip, and this one just popped into my head.

I'm sure it's been done before, but it was fun trying to get it right !

user posted image

I call this a "Vegas Clouser". I tied it with the intention of it being used primarily for walleye fishing at night. But I'm sure you could catch about anything with it. The eyes glow in the dark, and I added a couple extra strands of flash.

user posted image

I painted them, 2 coats, then I painted the pupil on with a water proof permanent marker, then 2 coats of sally hansens hard as nails. The only dumbell eyes I can get close by are all metallic so I have to paint my own, but I like it that way

Nice tie everyone.

I wish I could post some pics as well. But my camera cannot focus close enough on the fly to make a decent picture.