Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
SBGforlife

Flies for Kids

It's that time of year again. Flies for Kids is having our annual raffle to help raise money to purchase tying kits for kids. We're asking for your help to make this event a huge success and purchase more kits than ever before. We are looking for flies, flies and more flies! Any and all you want to donate would be appreciated. Click on the link below to see donation instructions!!

Removed

Yes, but that forum is not sending the messages Fin-ite, as Mike said yesterday if they are going to come here and solicit our members they best properly introduce themselves and that has not been done this is going to be locked down again I urge everyone to not respond !

and at this point it's not open to debate, Steve will handle this as soon as possible!

A fly shop looking for flies?

It's not at all an unusual way to raise money for good causes; and is often sponsored by fly shops. It may, as FIN-ITE said "break protocol", but I don't think it's a scam.

At this point, the burden is on THEM, to show it is not a scam; THIS FORUM IS WARNING MEMBERS NOT TO RESPOND UNTIL THIS IS CLEARED UP!

SBGforlife the same post you posted yesterday was removed and now I see you have reposted again. I have removed the link from your post and will lock this but just want to make you aware that a brand new member is not allowed to make requests for free items on this site. While your motives may be valid and for a good cause, we simply have no way of knowing for sure because you joined simply to request donations. FTF members have donated to many causes over the years and are always a helpful bunch, but we don't allow people to join just to ask for donations. If we did that then we would be flooded with new members joining daily just to solicit donations never to be heard from again.

If you would like to stick around and become an active participating member of the site then I'm sure at a date down the road we'd be happy to help with donations once we got to know you, but at this time no requsts for donations of flies or anything else is currently permitted.