Fly Tying

What fly did you get it on McFly ? That thing is like the ones I remember growing up that took bread balls.

Bought one from the fly shop, had a dubbing loop palmered body, a deer hair top, and like 6 silly legs off the back.

What fly did you get it on McFly ? That thing is like the ones I remember growing up that took bread balls.

Bought one from the fly shop, had a dubbing loop palmered body, a deer hair top, and like 6 silly legs off the back.

Sounds slider-ish. Nice fish!

Sounds slider-ish. Nice fish!

I wanna say they called it a crazy bugger or something like that. But yeah, slider-ish... without the deer hair spun head, and with crazy legs instead of fur for the tail,

Ok I figured it out I think... here is the pic...

attachicon.gifCarp.jpg

Nice one! Love that fight.

Thanks! Yeah, it was fun for sure, not sure I'll use a 5wt for carp ever again though.

Thanks! Yeah, it was fun for sure, not sure I'll use a 5wt for carp ever again though.

One of my buddies that I fished the cicada hatch with last summer caught all of his on a 6 wt. One was 33 inches. It took us a couple hundred yards downstream in his canoe. I've never seen a fish create a wake like that one did as it was coming towards us picking off bugs. I'll never forget that.

One of my buddies that I fished the cicada hatch with last summer caught all of his on a 6 wt. One was 33 inches. It took us a couple hundred yards downstream in his canoe. I've never seen a fish create a wake like that one did as it was coming towards us picking off bugs. I'll never forget that.

Mine wasn't 33 inches, but it was about 6 inches longer than my net, which is 25 inches. So this had to be 30-31... It was crazy...

Mine wasn't 33 inches, but it was about 6 inches longer than my net, which is 25 inches. So this had to be 30-31... It was crazy...

31 is a great fish too. For some reason, that 30" mark seems to make a big difference in the fight time. Can usually land those under 30 in less than 5 minutes, but when they go over 30, it can take 15-30 minutes easy.

Catch a big one ... makes it very easy to understand why there are people who intentionally go after them. They are a good fighting fish. For those who never take fish home, carp are as good a fish to chase as any other.

Catch a big one ... makes it very easy to understand why there are people who intentionally go after them. They are a good fighting fish. For those who never take fish home, carp are as good a fish to chase as any other.

I agree, I'm gonna go after them again some time when I get my 6wt back... this 5wt I have is not as stiff as my sage method, and i just couldn't get any leverage on him. He had his way with me, going anywhere he wanted. Luckily this pond didn't have any structure for him to get caught on.