Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Bryon Anderson

Fish Car Project Part 2

Just take a 12 year old bottle of Macallan if you're a Scotch guy... if not.. a 12 year old bottle of Jameson... ok.... or Red Breast.. or .. whatever.. and you'll be set for the week. wink.png

BCT

I have 2/3 of a bottle of Speyside single malt that my wife picked up off the clearance table at the liquor store...it's pretty tasty. My sauce of choice is The Famous Grouse (a blend, but really nice)...brand preferences notwithstanding, you're abolutely right--one good bottle and some brewskies in the cooler (Molson Canadian; I like blue-collar beer for fishing :) ) and I'll be good to go.

First ... I think a car-top carrier will be a better option for storage than a tent ... as a quiet thief could get in and out of a tent without you knowing.

Second ... if I take the time to set up a tent, I'm sleeping in it. The vehicle would be for storage.

I like the set up in the Jeep but, to me, setting up a tent negates the need for it.

Kayak will be on top of the car. No room for a carrier too. I'm an ET, I'll put a passive IR alarm inside the tent.

I saw this and went to the Coleman Collectors site and bought a Colemen heater...it will replace the fire. I have a 4 Runner that I sleep in now it will have magnetic screens and a tarp cover, roof top carrier and heat and Scotch or Bourbon...

Your project looks great!

Okay Husky you caught my attention with the words "Coleman Collectors site", so I went a-Googling...holy who'd-a-thunk-it!! I always thought that the soft spot I had in my heart for old Coleman gear was a personal quirk...guess I was wrong lol. International forums, collectors' societies and such like all over the place. The internet age is truly something else...:)

j8000 I'll probably join that one, too -- most of my best memories of growing up in Missouri feature the old green metal Coleman cooler and that peculiar heavy-breathing sound of a Coleman lantern burning.

Of course, in the background of those idyllic scenes would be the sound of my dad cussing at the Coleman stove he could never quite keep out of the wind--but hey, that just adds to the nostalgia. :)

I'll be at the cabin with the family for my annual 2 week Au Sable trip the middle two weeks of July. If you find yourself in the Glennie/Oscoda area during that time frame let me know and we'll hook up for a day on the lower Au Sable chasing pike & smallmouth.

I'll be at the cabin with the family for my annual 2 week Au Sable trip the middle two weeks of July. If you find yourself in the Glennie/Oscoda area during that time frame let me know and we'll hook up for a day on the lower Au Sable chasing pike & smallmouth.

Thanks Steve-- that would be a lot of fun and I will keep it in mind as I wind my way home from the U.P. I really don't have an itinerary yet beyond "go fishing for a week" -- I guess I should get some kind of a plan together. :)