Fly Tying
Patriot

Firehole Outdoors Is Having a Firesale

I'm going to give them a try, I usually buy tiemco for ~$8 per 25.

Has anybody actually fished them?

I'll be able to answer that question this coming Monday when I get on the San Juan. If I can get on the net from the river, I will post a comment or two in this thread.

I have used Firehole Hooks and I think they're really nice. They say perception is everything and $10 for 50 seems cheap, although I know they're not the cheapest. They are well made, strong, and I really like the shape of them. Also, they are sharp. The hook gape is wide on the nymph and dry fly hooks I've used. I actually use the dry fly hooks as nymph hooks, too.

Sorry Patriot and feathers5 for my tardiness in responding to your questions -- Patriot, if you mean where are they physically located, I don't know off the top of my head. I can look at an invoice when I get home and let you know, assuming there's an address on it. I have to think they're sourcing the hooks from overseas somewhere, but I don't know that for sure.

feathers5, I did get a sample pack containing one of every hook they sell when I placed my first order with them, which was actually not for hooks but for brass coneheads. I don't know if they do that with everyone's first order or not; might be worth a shot.

They have very reasonable shipping fees, too.

I have not fished with their hooks; only tied with them. They look to be of very good quality and they're nice and sharp. :)

Sorry Patriot and feathers5 for my tardiness in responding to your questions -- Patriot, if you mean where are they physically located, I don't know off the top of my head. I can look at an invoice when I get home and let you know, assuming there's an address on it. I have to think they're sourcing the hooks from overseas somewhere, but I don't know that for sure.

feathers5, I did get a sample pack containing one of every hook they sell when I placed my first order with them, which was actually not for hooks but for brass coneheads. I don't know if they do that with everyone's first order or not; might be worth a shot.

They have very reasonable shipping fees, too.

I have not fished with their hooks; only tied with them. They look to be of very good quality and they're nice and sharp. smile.png

No problem on the 'tardiness'. Hopefully, it was some good fishing that kept you away.