Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Rocco

Why is Jungle Cock so hard to get in US?

I know nothing about jungle cock chickens, but I'm guessing they are not good for much other than feathers for fly tying.

Quite a few years ago before dun necks were available I had access to a farm and bought some chicks I thought it would be a win,win,win for me, necks, saddles, eggs and the chicken when I butchered them.

Maybe somebody or something was taking the eggs but I never got a single egg, and as far as the meat went you could cook them for 4 hours then take them outside and play basket ball with them, toughest damn chickens I ever had.

Wondering why Whiting never raised any of them ???

I bought a cape 1.5yrs ago & they are not something you should buy online! Mine was farmed in England & took for ever to go through & look at them all, then when i'd almost decided, the guy said we've got more out the back, I think the grades were bronze, silver, gold & platinum or something like that? I bought a gold & it took forever to pick one, they are all so different from each other, in my opinion the 2 lowest grades aren't even worth the money & the prime grade was just to expensive! Worst still the medium sized feathers that you use the most like to split!